Thursday 16 October 2014

Ondeh- Ondeh Fresh + Klebang Coconut Shake + Li Wei Kerang Rebus, Melaka

So I made it through half of October despite it being a rather awful month for me. But! I've some good news-  my claims has been approved! 

This post is about a few food/ beverages that I tried out in Melaka a few weeks back. I was there for 2 days 1 night so it was a very short trip but it was worth all the rush!

Ondeh- Ondeh Fresh @ Kedai Aku & Dia
Jalan Hang Kasturi

Shop entrance

Happier note. I went to Melaka a few weeks ago and I guess there's nothing much in Melaka except for Jonker Street and Coconut Shake of which both I enjoyed!

Remember in this post where I mentioned that I will introduce to you one of the most yummy onde- onde kuih? Well, there you have it! 

Literally Fresh Onde- Onde

You know what makes good onde- onde? First, the flour should not be too thick. Just thick enough to hold the fillings. Two, the fillings which is made up of Gula Melaka must be generous and it must be melted nicely. So once you bite on this lovely ball, the sweet fillings will pop! in your mouth hehehehe BEST!

Fresh Onde- onde

The aunty makes the kuih there and then, popped it into a pot of boiling water (with pandan leaves) and when the onde- onde is ready she will scoped it up and rolled it over shredded coconut then bungkus!!

6 small pieces, RM2 but damn worth it!!! Everytime I'm there I'll never fail to patronise her shop. Last time it was only her but this time when I went she had a helper already. So yummy!

Klebang Coconut Shake
Jalan Klebang Besar
(Next to a petrol station, Shell I think?)

Take Away Stall

So if you want to order your beverages for take- aways then you would have to hop by this tent/ stall and make your order, wait for order, pay and leave happily with coconut shake!

That's what we did that time when we were there. We packed coconut shake to be enjoyed in the car. Actually the enjoyment lasted lesser than 10 minutes because I slurped up all my coconut shake within seconds :P

The queue for take away coconut shake

Really efficient workers, super speedy workmanship without compromising quality!

Trolleys of coconut

Take away (outside) Having there (inside)

So if you decide to have your coconut shake there itself you will have to drive or walk inside where you will see another tent set up. After your orders, they will help send the drinks over to you. All you have to do is chill:D

Tent where you have your drinks there and then

I didn't notice the security guards posing till after I review my pictures haha

Lastest opening hours

As of 2014, this is their opening hours. We were there at around noon for our drinks, the queue wasn't too bad. My sis said that the last time she was there the queue was longer.

With take- aways

Coconut Shake Special, RM2.50

I love the coconut shake because the coconut water blended/ mix very well with the ice cream! And they had this little tiny bits of coconut flesh for you to chew on so it gives a really nice texture to the drink!

I love chewing while slurping and that's why I love Chatime!! My new found love is Chatime Milk Tea with Pudding! Who knew it will taste so good? Pudding so tender, once slurp it goes through your teeth, glides down to you throat. Yums!

Oh, coconut shake special means extra vanilla ice- cream on top. Normal coconut shake is without ice cream on top so cheaper by 50sen. But 50sen only so gimme more ice- cream please! teehee

Coconut water, RM1+

Where to find such cheap drinks!!!!! Coconut water for RM1+ so cheappppp!!! If you have coconut at some mamak shop it will easily cost you RM5!

I really thought that the Klebang Coconut Shake was worth every penny! But my friend told me that Batu Berendam's Coconut Shake taste better. Can't wait to try it out!!

But then again, my other friend told me that both are similar LOL I'll venture for Batu Beremdam Coconut Shake soon anyway!


Kerang Rebus Li Wei
Jalan Bunga Raya

I'm hopping that that's the name of the stall because I don't know if it's Li Wei or Capitol Seafood but it was the only stall there so even if you make it there you wouldn't get confused LOL

Entrance signboard

Another banner

Sotong Kering

Backlane stall

Not the cleanest place to eat. I heard rats running around and mosquitoes were feeding on your blood for free like some sort of supper. But this place was recommended by my sis of which had been introduced to by her friend from Melaka.

Oh, when I left waiting to foot the bill I heard sounds coming from the canvas (the roof of the stalls). Those rats were doing some exercise up there too! HAHA

This is really a back alley as you can see

There was no parking there at night around 9pm so we just simply parked at the side of the road despite it being yellow line, thinking that it was already so late so the traffic police wouldn't be there to issue a summon right? WRONG! We got fined!

One of the reason why we decided to risk it other than it being late is that we thought the food service would be quick! Anyway, we are there for Kerang Rebus and Rojak so how long can it take right? 

Just chuck your shell fish into the boiling water, toss and serve with super yummy dips. Just slice the fruits, tofu etc and then toss with super delicious lime flavoured rojak sauce.

But no, we waited for nearly an hour for our food to arrive.

Will I return? Maybe.

I loved the rojak sauce though. Why so smart one? Never thought that sour plum sauce would go so well with rojak sauce! Major LOVES!

The End. 15 days more to pay day:(

No comments:

Post a Comment