Wednesday 31 December 2014

Penyet World Express, Setia Tropika JB

A quick post on our second meet up (Second meet up with Simren, first with Joyce LOL). Initially, I wanted to combine this post with the previous post on Batu Berendam Coconut Shake because both post are mainly about coconut shake but since I have pictures of ayam penyet, I decided to just seperate them. Also, Johor Bahru and Melaka is 2 hours drive apart so this deserves a separate post. 

*OMG why do I sound like I'm not making sense?

Penyet World Express
Jalan Setia Tropika 1/1

Picture of Penyet World Express taken from their Facebook page

I totally forgot to take a picture of the shop so I had to go find a picture from their Facebook because I'm usually high when Simren's around HAHAHA. The initial plan was for all of us to meet up at G Cafe, Mount Austin but because the rest couldn't make it and since Simren and I had to go to our grandmother's place we decided somewhere closer.

Penyet World Express is located at the row of shops opposite Kementerian Dalam Negeri (Where you all dmake your passports). It's easily spotted because its one huge green shop.

Feel a little apologetic to Joyce because we were all suppose to meet up at somewhere nicer and then go for a karaoke session or something but the plan had to change so we only had quick lunch. Sorry Joyce, if you're reading! Maybe next time!

Ayam Penyet (Puyuh) set, RM7.90

Ikan Lele set, RM7.90

I took the set meal where you can choose a penyet item and then choose two sides. This set is the non- rice set so:
  • I choose Puyuh as my penyet item and wedges and tauhu tempeh as my sides. 
  • Simren chose Ikan Lele as her penyet item and fries and tauhu tempeh as her sides.

Both sets come with keropok, raw vegetables, a bowl of soup, chilli sauce and sambal belacan as dips! Not the best sambal belacan I've tasted but it was edible.

Joyce's mee soto

While lunch didn't wow me, our drinks did!! Since I've read that they are famous for their coconut shake, I decided to give it a shot. The weird thing is that I don't think I saw it on their menu. I asked them anyway and yes, they do serve coconut shakes!

Coconut shake, topped with vanilla ice- cream RM4.50

The coconut shake was really good!! Actually I think it tasted better than the ones in Malacca, except for the fact that it is double the price of the ones in Malacca. The coconut shake is so thick yet not too sweet. The ice- cream and the coconut juice blended very well together, making it creamy yet refreshing. It has very nice texture to it too i.e. tiny coconut flesh bits inside so you can chew on the bits after each slurp! 

So there you have it Johoreans! We have awesome coconut shake too! So we don't have to travel all the way to Malacca for Coconut Shake anymore! Well, actually I still would because road trips are FUN! Teehee

1 comment:

  1. Mouth watering and delicious looking food. You are one lucky person to have been travelling and enjoying the best meals available around. Keep posting and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete