Tuesday 30 December 2014

Tampoi Laksa Shangrila, Johor Bahru

Still very much in the holiday mood but my sister's exam has just started so she's practically on lockdown LOL In which leaves me without a shopping partner. Feel like going malling today and to watch Night in the Museum but scared to disturb her:( Hoping she reads this post then ask me out instead hehehe

So back in JB, I met up with Wawa and Simren. Two of my very close buddies! This time Simren suggested for us to have lunch at this rather new shop in Taman Tun Aminah, very close to The Store. 

I was okay with whatever place that she recommends because the last time I recommended Bob's Kitchen it was so expensive yet food was not up to par.

Tampoi Laksa Shangrila
95G Jalan Pendekar 2, Taman Tun Aminah
Johor Bahru
07- 5628629

Tampoi Laksa Shangrila

Something good about meeting up somewhere outside town is that you are guranteed a parking most of the times and it's much more peaceful too. No need rush and fight with people who are also rushing for God knows what reason.

Oh talking about rush, I realised that JB has really rude drivers! I was actually shocked at how many JB drivers were rudely cutting in lanes, not giving chance for people to switch lanes, how they purposely accelerate when they obviously saw you coming out of a junction etc. What happened to my state men?!

Back to Tampoi Laksa Shangrila, they have sufficient variety on their menu so they would be suitable food for all! People like me would obviously jump for their signature laksa and health conscious people like Joyce would opt for their noodle soup kot? Lol

Menu

Interior of Tampoi Laksa Shangrila, simple and neat

Took a picture of their original shop's signboard!

Chee Cheong Fun (Big) RM5.90

Since Simen had already tried and tested this food place before recommending it to us, she was probably sick and tired of the noodles HAHAHA (Thank you Simren!) So she ordered Chee Cheong Fun! Was so glad that she did because I wanted to eat everything on the menu!!

Chee cheong fun is one of my favourite food because it's steam flour topped with sweet sauce! Takes off the guilt a little. But I'll usually eat it with side dishes like fried wanton, fishcakes and whatnot :P

Tampoi Laksa's chee cheong fun was good! The sweet sauce was thick and nice also! 

Ice water RM0.60 | Ice Cincau RM2.50

I scrooge a bit by ordering ice water. I wanted cincau like what they ordered but I was thinking RM2.50 can buy me one big block of uncut cincau d! So I stucked with ice water:S

Tampoi Laksa (Small) RM5.50

Wala! This was my lunch that day! Tampoi Laksa!! The laksa gravy was so fragrant and flavourful, it tasted exactly like the back lane one off Jalan Harimau at Century Garden there! Very generous with their ingrediants also like egg, fishcake, tofu and fishball. Love the sambal!!!!

But the small was small la, I think the amount of noodles given was whacked by me in about 5- 6 spoonful only. I finished my meal rather quickly, regretted a bit for not ordering big but if order big, later sure too full. Sigh, food dilemma.

Rojak (Large) RM10

Lastly, we ordered a BIG rojak to share! This was really good as well. The prawn paste was thick and generously given. You can witness their generousity looking at the amount of peanuts they sprinkle on the rojak too! The only downfall is that they didn't give as much Yu Char Kuey as I would like, but still very yummy!

I'm so hungry now. I gotta find food, most probably biscuit:| Ughhh, the torture. Should I go back JB again this weekend? Hehe

1 comment:

  1. Mich small was not enough???? Speechlesss dah la eat so much..... wait yu burst I dunno haha

    ReplyDelete