Tuesday 9 September 2014

Al- Omdah Restaurant, Sunway Mentari

So it came a day when we didn't know what else to eat other than the same old same old. Of course, it would be great trying out new food but it would be greater if the new food is cheap and this is exactly what we got!

Actually we were strolling through Sunway Pyramid, and thought that Arabian food would make a good dinner since it's not so often that we have arabian dinner. However, one serving at the Arabian shop in Pyramid (forgot the name) would cost me at least RM20+

Luckily, there is an alternative! Not too far from Sunway Pyramid too!

Al- Omdah Restaurant
Jalan PJS 8/5

Entrance

The shop is situated at the row next to McD's at Sunway Mentari. It's tucked in a little so you gotta watch out for it. It's visible enough though if you are on a look out. I'm just hopping that they are still operating now because the other time I was there, they only had 2 groups of customers- us and the other two unknown.

Of course, looking at the empty restaurant made my heart sink a little because if it's that good as recommended then surely there will be lots of people yes? To taint my first impression more, the female toilet was turned into a storeroom so I had to use the male's toilet of which stinks really bad.

All these made me very skeptical, till the food came.

Chicken Mandi (I think)

What arrived looked decent. I think this meal cost me no more than RM8, I cant remember the exact price of the meal but it was ala carte. They were very generous with the rice, and it was those long grain rice so I was happy with the good quality rice.

I was a bit scared of the chicken though because it's texture looked a little weird. It's like yellow coloured matte chicken skin.

The meal comes with two types of sauces: (1) tangy chili sauce, the ones with lots of onions bits and lime (2) some sort of gulai or curry. I loved the gulai/ curry like gravy!!! Tasted so good with the rice!

Not bad after all, really not bad. The chicken was very tender and the flesh falls off the bones really easily as if there were cooked in a pressure cooker. Love how the gravy, the chili sauce, rice and chicken blends so well together!

Menu


Promotion that went on then

Verdict: Jjang! Can go back again for more cheap yummy arabian meal! I'm hoping they are still open though, I'll prolly go back and check soon.

They should really do something with the toilet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment