Friday 26 September 2014

Jeti Seafood Restaurant, Kuala Selangor

So after trekking and having some coconut shake and Cendol Bakar, it was soon lunch time! More like brunch time since it was 11am. The seafood restaurant that I wanted to go to opens at around 11am so our timing was perfect that day.

Jeti Seafood Restaurant
Jalan Pasir Penampang, Kuala Selangor
03-32892917 (tel)/ 03- 32894917 (fax)


Jeto Seafood Restaurant

Interior of Jeti Seafood

There are a few seafood restaurants around this area, Kuala Selangor, but then I decided to try this one out because there are a lot of positive reviews about this place. 

Menu

Cutleries soaked in hot water. Minced garlic and chopped chili. 

We get to select where we wanted to seat. I chose the seating area closer to the sea so we could 'enjoy the scenery'. Actually theres nothing much to enjoy because the sea water isn't very clear, rather murky actually. Oh ya, they have sinks to wash your hands and the dirty water falls directly down to the sea so yeah, not of a scenery LOL

Scenery 1

Scenery 2

The sea below us :O

The lady who attended to us was very nice. She was very patient, considerate and would help you choose what to eat if you are out of ideas. The lady asked us what we wanted to drink but since we brought our own water there (yes, we wanted to scrooge on drinks since we are splurging on seafood), we told her no thanks. Surprisingly, that didn't make her sour. She said okay while smiling.

Then she was already ready to take our food orders but I needed a menu so I requested one from her. So she nicely took the menu, gave it to me and allow me some time to look though the menu. Some waitress are very impatient, all they want to do is get your order and get out of your face but the service at Jeti was very good.

So these was what we ordered:

Deep Fried Marmite Baby Octopus, RM14

My favourite baby octopus was very yummy! Deep fried till crispy and then folded in with marmite. The marmite tasted a little bitter towards the end though but overall I like this dish!

Butter Prawns, RM18 (small)

We ordered butter prawns but the prawns that came look and tasted more like cereal prawns. The bad part wasn't the cooking style but the fact that the prawns flesh was sticking to the shell when we wanted to remove it. Didn't taste like the freshest prawn that I was expecting.  

Siakap, RM40

I ordered a deep fried Seabass with soy sauce drizzles but I forgot to tell the lady that I wanted a small fish. So when the fish came I was like OMG, this should cost at least RM60! Fishes in whole like this usually ain't cheap. But since it was my mistake to no inform her prior to cooking, I just happily ate it anyway.

It's been a long while since I had the privilege to eat such big fish! Such big fresh fish, you could taste the sweetness of its flesh. Usually I don't even eat fish, not even fish fillets because it's pricey. So I'll always cook chicken, Im a bird eater:S

But when the bill came, this fish was only for RM40!!! RM20 cheaper than market price?! I was the happiest person alive!

Baby Kailan, RM8

Also, last minute we decided to have a vege in our meal. Naomi suggested vege earlier but then I brush it off telling her that we're at a seafood place so we should maximise our money's worth and only order things that we can't get back in the city i.e. seafood.

But later after placing our orders, while waiting for our meal to arrive I was tempted to order a plate of vege because all other tables have them and they look so appetizing! And so, we did in the end:P

The vege was so- so though. You could cook this at home too LOL Actually, I thought that my homecooked salted fish cabbage tasted better than this.

FYI, a  small bowl of rice cost RM1.20 each.

Seafood spread, RM82.40 for 3 people

Price of seafood by weight

So all in all, a reasonably priced place to have your seafood. Very good service, it made me happy even before ordering my food. I'd no doubt return if Rebecca wants to try. Nevertheless, I have tasted better seafood as in tastier and fresher seafood. 

FYI, the toilets here are very clean! Testified by Naomi :P

Outside Jeti restaurant are a row of shops selling sea product. By sea product I mean a variety of dried fish, dried anchovies, fish crackers, prawn crackers etc. All these are very very fresh! I bought mine from Lock Siew Moey.

Lock Siew Moey
Jalan Pasir Penampang, Kuala Selangor

Ikan Bilis (Dried anchovies), 100g RM4 | Udang kering (Dried Prawns), 100g RM3.50


Our buy

Sis and I shared money to get some souvenirs home for mum. Our fish crackers was RM7 for a pack of 8 I think. I regretted not buying some ikan bilis for myself, it would be so yummy to have them fried and sprinkled on fried rice or fried meehoon.

The lady who's selling these sea products is a little cunning though. She will try to brainwash you to buy more than you intend LOL So just be watchful.

Oh, btw they sell homemade ice- cream as well! They were sold in those push- pops casing, very nice.

Push pop ice- cream

 Here you will also find this old school sundry shop run by this very nice old Chinese man. I didn't notice the name of the shop but its only a few shops away from Lock Siew Moey. Just saying:)

No comments:

Post a Comment