Saturday 13 September 2014

The Hummingbird Eatery, Bandung

A continuation of my Bandung food post. This was the third day in Bandung, after lunch at Sindang Reret and teatime at Harvest, I had dinner at The Hummingbird Eatery! Now thinking back about the amount of food I had that day, it was staggering! LOL

The Hummingbird Eatery
Jl. Progo, Bandung

Interior of Hummingbird

A wall of info about hummingbirds

I didn't had a picture of the exterior of the cafe because it was very dark by then and I think it was also about to rain if I had not mistaken. Hummingbird has a very cozy interior, so it would be a good place for friends to hang out and have some tea and cakes.

Me and more interior of Hummingbird

Counter

Another picture of the counter, with basins of raw ingrediants below

I was very fascinated by the basin of fresh ingredients such as onions, potatoes, garlics etc. They look so clean and pretty and too good to be true! So I doubting if they were even real at all. Gaya asked the waiter if those were real, to which he answered yes with a puzzled face LOL

They were really too clean and perfect to be real ingredients! You should see my potatoes in the kitchen =.=

Anyway, here are some pictures of the many choices from the menu:

Menu 1

Menu 2

Menu 3

Special menu for Ramadhan

Haha yes, they do have many menus. Their menu look so cute too! Very much like their website. You should check out their website (as stated above). I'm thinking this is a place that girls would want to hang out because everything is so cute and sweet looking! Of course, this place is not limited to young girls because I've seen tai tai (old rich woman) dining there as well:P

Hummingbird's Nectar, recommended drink

Me, amazed at the menu. Forgot what amazed me.

Passion Twist, IDR 35,000 (RM10.60)

This was my drink recommended by Gaya. It's called Passion Twist. Basically it's soda with passion fruit and mint leaves. Not really my favourite drink because I don't usually take carbonated drink. But it tasted okay. I like how generous they were with the passion fruit.

It was a little torture to finish it all by myself because Gaya was down with the flu so she couldn't have cold drinks. Also, I think this was the most expensive drink I had in Bandung. I never had to pay more than RM8 for a drink that I couldn't finish cf. fresh thick avocado juice, yumms!

Top shot, mint leaves

Volcano Tuna, IDR 49,500 (RM15)

Gaya had pasta for dinner- Volcano Tuna. It tasted fantastic! I love how creamy it tasted and how well the flavour blends together with the tuna. They even give you a breadstick to dip into the cream if you can't get enough of it lol

Mushrooms Munchies, IDR 34,500 (RM10.40)

I, on the other hand, had something light to nibble on because I was already very full when it came to dinner time. I had some of Gaya's Volcano Tuna pasta and had my own platter of fried mushrooms! I love the sauce that came with it, some kind of mayo chili sauce combination I think.

The mushroom was so- so. Wasn't the best I've ever tasted. The quartered button mushrooms were breaded and fried. It lack taste though, very blant so you really got to dip it in the sauce. And because of that, I had to ask for more sauce. I always have this thought that if you are using too much of sauce, that means your food that you're dipping ain't good. Or else, you would eat it on it's own yes? 

So verdict, Hummingbird is a nice place to hang out with your friends with a pot of tea or so but this isn't the best place for great tasting food. I saw their cakes on the counter that looked really good, no idea how it tastes though?

By far, the most expensive (relatively speaking) and the most mediocre food I had in Bandung. Something that I can easily find back in Malaysia. I appreciated the RM0.30 tahu goreng better at Tangkuban Perahu

p.s. 15% tax applies

No comments:

Post a Comment