Monday 22 September 2014

Cendol Bakar & Coconut Shake, Kuala Selangor

A quick post before I get sucked into my super busy week. 

Last week, we had this very long holiday because it was Malaysia Day so I had mid Friday- Tuesday off. During the weekends, I decided to have a spontaneous trekking trip to Kuala Selangor. It wasn't that spontaneous actually, I was already thinking and planning about it a few days before but it wasn't till the 11th hour that I confirmed the venue to do some exercise LOL

One of the reason that made me choose Kuala Selangor Nature Park as my place to sweat it out is because there is seafood nearby. Opps, lolol. Also, as I was doing some research about the Kuala Selangor, I realised that people were blogging about cendol and what not, so I decided that Kuala Selangor will be the place for exercising!

The irony. LOL

After trekking, we decided to go for Cendol Bakar!

Cendol Bakar
Kuala Selangor 
(Waze yourself there)

Sorry, couldn't get the address because it's sort of like in the woods. So there isn't a street name that I could jot down. But if you are travelling towards Kuala Selangor I'm sure you wouldn't miss it. Also, Waze would easily land you at the right spot!

The first thing I noticed once I got down the car was the drive through! 

Cendol Bakar drive through

I was very facinated by the convenience that the shop had offered. I mean for business in a rather secluded area, that's real advancement! It's like having Starbucks drive- thru but even better because this is cendol!

I've seen this car who drove through and bought his cendol. It was very efficient, he got his cendol within minutes. Take away cendols were packed in those plastic cups with bubble cover. Having there cendol will be served in small metal bowls.

Sellers preparing take away cendol in cups

Old school metal bowls

Also, the have their menu printed on this banner so it's very easily for you to select which type of cendol you would like to have. The cheapest cendol is obviously the basic Cendol, RM2 and the most expensive cendol is the the Cendol Durian Pulut, RM4.50.

Menu- Can call somemore!

I noticed that there is a phone number there. I'm not too sure whether it's for large quantity pre- orders before you come pick them up or catering? OMG having a cendol booth, a durian cendol booth for a wedding is a splendid idea!

Counter to order

If you are having your cendol there, then its a semi- self service system. You would have to go to the counter and place your order and pay. Then you can take a seat and wait for the cendol to be sent to you.

Noticed that this stall has been on a Malaysia food TV program! That certifies how yummy their cendol are.

This snacking area has really pretty seating. They built the seating area all by themselves from wood and tree barks and made the roof by using leaves! So cool!

Self made seating areas

More seats, popcorn hanging up there- pluck and pay

One more picture of the cendol stall

Shaving ice

I know it may seem to be quite scary to have your snack/ beverage here because it doesn't seem to be like the cleanest food place. In fact, there are many flies all around but I didn't had food poisoning after having my cendol here so I think it's rather safe to dine here LOL

I think the cendol store is fine because despite their very kampung looking stall, they seem to be rather hygienic when dealing with food/ drinks. But then for other food sold, you just have to be watchful and go with your gut feelings.

For example, there will be nicely wrapped Nasi Lemak on the table but if you were to eat them, wisely select the ones that are thoroughly wrapped because there are flies all over. Those nasty flies would take any opportunity given i.e. tiny opening of wrapper.

Nasi Lemak for sale

What we had from the cendol stall was the Cendol Durian Pulut! The most expensive one because we can! hehehe All three of us shared one bowl so I only needed to fork out about RM1.20. It's a steal! 

Cendol Durian Pulut, RM4.50


The Cendol Durian Pulut was really good. Love how fresh the durian flesh was and that the cendol was not too sweet unlike the ones that I had before at Jonker Street, Melaka. Very refreshing especially after all the sweaty trekking.

At the same vicinity, you will also find Coconut shake!!

It says "Welcome to Coconut Shake vs Cendol Bakar". Hmm, are they rivals? Because if they were the shake would totally lose out.

Coconut shake stall

Young chap running the business

So we had to wait for almost an hour for this young chap to start his business. He told us that we would have to wait till 10.45am to buy coconut shake but at 10.45am he was still setting up his stall i.e. washing all his utensils, chopping the coconut, etc

And so we waited and waited till for another 15 minutes. He probably wasn't a very enthusiastic entrepreneur. Maybe because he was forced to tend the stall all, by himself, by his parents. Actually there's a young girl helping him out as well but she only knew how to pour the blended shake into cups to sell so yeah, he was doing all the job.

Young girl scooping ice- cream to coconut shake

Tonnes of coconuts

Finally, after about an hour's wait...

Coconut shake special!!!

Coconut shake special RM3.50

It tasted okay, not to bad. The coconut water wasn't in sync with the blended ice cream though. For this quality of coconut shake, the price charged seemed to be on the relatively expensive side. I managed to try out the Klebang Coconut Shake at Melaka, and that was fantastic! Better still, they only charged RM2.50 for a special!

But then again, if you are visiting Kuala Selangor you can always give the coconut shake a shot if he's already open for business. Not worth the one hour wait though.

5 comments:

  1. Now that I'm not feeling well, I feel like having coconut water...or coconut shake! :D

    ReplyDelete


  2. A licensed Loan Lender, We offer Affordable Loan at 3% interest rate available for local and international borrowers, Are you seriously interested in getting a genuine Loan without stress? Do you need this Loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more details via:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM.

    (1)Full Name:
    (2)Country:
    (3)State:
    (4)Address:
    (5)Sex:
    (6)Occupation:
    (7)Amount needed:
    (8)Loan duration:
    (9)Loan purpose:
    (10)Telephone

    Email Us:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Anita. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Anita, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you


    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete