Tuesday 16 June 2015

Ah Weng Koh Breakfast @ Imbi Market, KL

Went jogging the other day with sis. After that's done we had breakfast guilt free HAHAHA Well, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So I asked her what she wanted to have and she said breakfast at Imbi. Initially I was lazy to drive all the way into town so I convinced her to have breakfast at the nearby coffee shops. 

But the sun really shined upon her the other day because when we were at the coffee shop I myself didnt know what to eat. Everything seem... heavy. So I conceded and drover us both to Imbi Market for the famous toast!

Ah Weng Koh Hainanese Tea
Imbi Market a.k.a. Pasar Bukit Bintang

It was a Sunday morning around 9am but the food area at the market was soooo packed! There weren't any seats left but since I drove so far I was not gonna leave before having breakfast as planned. So I had to stand right next to a table that look like they were finishing their food. I didn't give them pressure to hurry up and leave the table but you know I just stood there with hawk eyes on their stools:S

Hungry people in the morning

Finally they left soon after, quickly sat down. Had to share the table with three groups of unknowns but that was inevitable especially in that circumstance. Oh yes, while I was waiting for my table itself I see this old man holding up to 10 cups of coffee/tea and yelling on top of his lungs HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! to signal that he's coming through.

That was super intimidating! He wasn't rude or anything but he seem to be in such a hurry and he was yelling like non stop and he was taking orders in Cantonese I thought I'm dead meat. Anyway, managed to flag him to our table and I quickly told him 2 set buns 2 coffee.

Toasted buns with thick slab of butter and kaya

According to my sister who has been here before, there are two types of toast. They have normal toast bread and toast bun. I had the bun, shown in the picture above. 

LOOK AT THE BUTTERRRR

This shop is really generous with their butter! It's a huge slice of butter sandwich in between your hot toast so it tasted so so good! Usually kopitiam will scrooge on their butter so much so you only wished you had made your own breakfast at home. But the funny thing is homemade toast and eggs doesnt taste as good as outside's, I have no idea why LOL

Talking about eggs, I forgot to order eggs! Actually when I told the uncle that I wanted two sets of bread, somehow in my mind that meant I wanted the toast to come with eggs. When our bread and coffee came, he was in such a hurry that he threw my change on the table even before I handed him money HAHAHHA He meant no disrespect but I suppose it's just now market folks are.

So ya, I didn't dare ask him for eggs.

About the coffee, I'm not a big coffee fan but my sis told me that it's their signature drink so I decided to give it a go. But! Apparently I ordered the wrong beverage. It was supposed to be Hainanese Tea which is kind of a mixture of coffee and tea. I ordered Coffee. I thought they only sold one type of famous beverage! wtf was I thinking LOL So Coffee turned out to be bitter and super thick milk coffee! Mum would love it but I only manage a few sips.

Two sets of toast (buns) and coffee cost RM8.40.

Nearby laksa stall

To compensate myself, I ordered Laksa from the stall nearby where I was sitting. The gravy was very good! Thick and fragrant! Love the coconut milk taste in the curry!! Quite a lot of ingrediants also for RM6! There goes my jogging effort LOL So much for insisting on a light breakfast.

Meehoon Laksa RM6

The uncle cooking the laksa was very nice and friendly even if he was super busy. I'm very intimidated of those busy uncles and aunties because they tend to be rude and they would scream at you if you are not fast enough in ordering or if you order using a language that they don't understand:S Back to the uncle, he was very nice and I was glad his laksa turned out nice too! The lady helping him isn't as friendly as he is though so I just ignored her HAHAHHA

Sis ordered Nasi Lemak, RM1.50 from this random lady walking around with her tray of nasi lemak. It's a nay on the nasi lemak though. Not fragrant enough, so sad looking too. Still feel I make one of the best Nasi Lemak! 

RM1.50 Nasi Lemak- Rice topped with sambal and a tiny winy slice of egg

I'm planning to go back for more toast though and half boiled EGGS!, during the weekdays that is, because my chicken heart can't take the seat wrestling, screaming uncle ordering and the people starring at me as I eat kind of situation. Told sis we will go back on weekdays, 8am! Take that! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment