Wednesday 7 October 2015

Sea & Saw Cafe, Johor Bahru

Phew! Just finished working on my report that is due in two days time. Actually it's due tomorrow but I've got a one day extension. It's my first extension though so I feel a little lousy about it. I've got the whole thing written a month back so that wasn't the problem. The problem was not reminding my supervisor about the due date in the first email that I sent so she thought she had more time to look at it:S

Anyway, since I'm done for now I decide to faster blog before I get lazy and continue watching my cooking shows. This restaurant is not new anymore but since it's frequently visited by people (mainly for the deco, IMHO) I decided to ride the bandwagon too.

It was sisters' day out and I gave my sisters a treat here for lunch!

Sea & Saw
Strait View, Johor Bahru


The place is pretty nice because they did put in a lot of effort and no doubt $$$ in decorating the place. This is the outdoor setting facing the seaside. Great for outdoor events! I can imagine a lovely small gathering outside with friends!

Okay, I'm bringing you guys inside the restaurant. But first, let's check out the toilet LOL


Big ass mirror outside the toilet

Same deco concept running through the toilet area as well. 

By the way, the toilet is situated outside the restaurant and somehow it reminds me of those olden days poor people's house where they have to share a toilet with their neighbours. So they have this communal toilet outside. But of course the toilet here at Sea & Saw is obviously cleaner la though their bathtub of greens/ fungus with dripping water gross me out. Sorry, don't know how to appreciate this aqua- plant thingy.

Enough with toilets. So here we are inside the restaurant! I'm siting at an area with natural lightings so that's why the picture look super bright here. Love the idea of having natural lightings from the greenhouse looking sitting area but it got a little too warm soon after. You can opt to sit inside too but it look quite squeezy inside. Not too sure though because I didn't explore the place.

The plus point for sitting in the green house natural lighting area is that you are really close to the drinking making counter! So you can watch them whip up your drink and your dessert. Talking bout desserts, not sure if their desserts are made in- house or vendored from someone else? Saw them taking out their cake from a huge box though. 

A little corner for live band I suppose?

This was what I meant by greenhouse area. The walls are all made up of glass.

Sat next to free water for easy access HAHAHHA

This is my seared salmon and poached egg, RM20.90. 

The salmon was cooked beautifully, still juicy on the inside but it has crispy outer skin! I LOVED the garlic dressing on my salmon, it was crazy good!! It's slightly sweet and slightly tart with some heat coming from the garlic, yums! 

It would be better if they had given me a bigger slice of fish though. My sis told me that the last time she was here, she was served with a much bigger fish. Needless to say, I wasn't full eating this for lunch. Also, not a big fan of the poached egg though, tasted rubbery.

Reb's fish and chips, RM19.90. 

The fish was good because it wasn't some frozen fish that we can get off the shelf. It tasted very homemade, made from a scratch like how restaurants should have their fish and chips done. Fries could be better if they had more crunch. Overall, good dish but the portion was small. 

Beef & mushroom charcoal bun burger, RM18.90

The beef patty was good, freshly made from a scratch. Something that I really like about this restaurant is that you can really see their effort in whipping up fresh food for you. The only downside is their serving portion. Too tiny. Like the burger, it was good but by the picture itself you would wish it came it a side of fries/ wedges/ potatoes right? Their salad at the side was quite measly.

Good beef though.

Iced Latte, RM10.90

Cool thing is that you get to pour in your own syrup so you can control the sweetness. For me, it's all down! LOL I'm not a coffee person, unless I'm needing the caffeine to rush assignments, but this was alright. For the price we pay, not too bad.

Mixed berries smoothies, RM10.90

This one I like!! Not too sweet but sweet enough with lots of berries inside! I'd opt for this over the coffee anytime and it does look a little healthier and bang for buck! You know, berries are expensive these days, heh.

Here, the full address of the place. Not a bad place to hang out- good food (but in tiny portion) great ambience! Everything is subjected to service charge but oh, no GST? :D

Just remembered I'm suppose to write about the best kebab in Pattaya! Ok, I'm on it! Keep reading folks!

1 comment: