Thursday 26 June 2014

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie, KL

I've visited Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie for a couple of times now and I'm still loving their pastries!! The only problem is that it's located at Jalan Delima, off Jalan Imbi in Kuala Lumpur so I'll usually feel lazy to drive all the way there for a few buns. Opening hours 7.30am to 9pm daily. 

Valet parking in the compound will cost you RM2 per entry. Im not too sure if its the same rate for weekends? I thought I paid like RM5 on a Sunday, can't really remember though. 

Anyway, I'd happily pay for parking because its safe inside compared to outside where the road is cramp and there are constructions going on. Wouldn't want to risk a big scar on your car just to scrooge RM2.



Levain it is a good place to get reasonably priced yet super delicious pastries! I've tried one of their cake before, I think it was Tiramisu. I was good but because cakes (slice) are priced around RM7- 10 I find it relatively expensive. But, good cake.

I'm a sucker for their pastries that's for sure have a look at the aisle of pastries!!!

Sweet and savoury pastries

More pastries

I'm also a big fan of their pizza! They serve really good homemade pizza. By homemade I mean it taste less commercialized than those pizza by Pizza Hut or Dominos. If you're on a budget (like me, nearly always I'm on a budget), then you can opt for the pizza slice as shown in the picture above. 

They usually have Hawaiian Chicken pizza and some other chicken/ tuna pizza going for RM4.80 each if I've not mistaken. You can have them heat up your pizza/ pastries too for free! 

Pass them your pastries/ pizza for reheating

If you have more money or you have a more elastic tummy then you can opt for their whole pizza approximately RM20. They have about 8 different types of pizza! Oh man, talking about pizza I wished I could try Mikey's Pizza, Bangsar:(

Back to topic, I've tasted Levain's chicken burger and YES IT'S A GO! Crispy chicken like zinger patty but more homemade tasting with soft buns and salad! I like! I think that was about RM15. A lot of people seem to be having pasta there as well but pasta is meal that I usually cook when I'm lazy so haven't tried it there yet due to my personal negative connotation of "pasta"

Was in KL the other day so Nit and I decided to hop by Levain for teatime. I recommended the place, It was her first and she was pretty pleased:)

Clockwise: Choco Crunch RM3.30, Hazelnut Choc Croissant RM3.60, Cheese croissant RM4.50

That was Nit's selection of pastries. Glad that I would still bring her somewhere yummy despite her being a vegetarian. My makan buddy!

We decided to share the Choco Crunch bun solely because it was cute LOL I was expecting cream inside but there is no filling inside. Just chocolate crumbs on the outside and two sugar eyes. Hazelnut Choc Croissant is my all time favourite!!! It feels like you're eating Kinder Bueno but the pastry version. Reasonably priced too!

I didn't taste the Cheese Croissant but Nit rank that #1. She said there's a fat strip of cheese inside. Meaning its not molton/ creamy cheese.

Nit cutting the bun in half. There goes it's eyes, oh no. 

My budget selection: Cream Cheese Danish RM3.90 and Tukimi Ham RM3.80

I love the Cream Cheese Danish!! The pastry is flaky and it's sweet on the outside. Inside there is a generous amount of cheesy cream cheese to savour. The amount of cream cheese they give you is worth more than RM3.90 so it's a steal! Off it goes into my favourites list <3

The Tukimi Ham, blah. Not nice. Dry. Need chili sauce to go with it. They had some mayo in the centre I think but still overall a wrong buy.

Cream Cheese Danish up close 


Free water

I love the idea that you can get your own free water from the water dispenser. It's FREE! And it saves the hassle of asking the waitress to get it for you. You can drink a whole jug of water too for FREE! lolol

Btw, it's best if your head over in the afternoon to get the pastries or you might be left with sad looking ones as the day ends. Also, everything including their pastries are exclusive of government tax.

Okay, since the world cup fever is on. I'm leaving you with a picture of the World Cup Bun RM4.50:


It looks like Papa Roti, but with football prints. Nit said it looked sad, flattened so I didn't buy it but I was thissssss close to getting it because... well, it's World Cup! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment