Thursday 19 June 2014

Hong Seng Chicken Rice, PJ

Feeling extra semangat today after writing my first blog post so I'm churning out another before I go off hunting for boring journals. So last week my tummy was cranky, it was cranky till I decided that I should stick a finger in my throat to let out the toxic. 

Obviously the next morning I was starving after letting out the 'toxic' which included all of my half eaten meals. Had a craving for chicken rice, especially the soy sauce that they drizzle on the chicken! So I googled up blogs for the best chicken rice in Petaling Jaya. I was told that Satellite Chicken Rice, Jalan Gasing was must try but blog reviews suggested otherwise.

Instead, they (blogs) recommended Hong Seng Chicken Rice, Section 17/29 PJ. Off I went to pick my sis and we headed to Hong Seng. Its located at the same row of shops as Caring Pharmacy which means its dang hard to find free parking. There's a RM3 per entry parking right across Hong Seng though.


Hong Seng Chicken Rice stall. 

Obviously it's not halal. The boss caresses the roast chicken, the Char Siew pork and the Roasted pork with the same hand. Yes, literally caresses when he's choosing the meat. A bit gross but just don't stare at his arm which also looks a bit red like got some kind of allergy:X

It's self service so you gotta queue for the food. Very much like the Nasi Kandar Beratur, Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling, Penang. Except nasi kandar is halal and the boss don't use his bare hands to scoop curry onto your rice.


Nasi Kandar Beratur opens only at 10pm! 

Before that it's another boss also selling nasi kandar so I got conned! I ended up having both a fake plate of nasi kandar and an authentic Nasi Kandar Baratur. But it was good, tasted better when I tapao it back to my hotel the next night! 

One chicken, one vege cost about RM7. Good deal!

Gotta make a trip to Penang soon during Ramadhan because I'd love to visit their Bazaar!

Opps, coming back to my chicken rice story. Chicken rice RM5.50 per plate. The chicken's skin was super crunchy which I love! But the chicken flesh was too hard and the chicken rice was too dry because they used the thick sweet sauce instead of the usual watery soy sauce.

It's up to personal preference anyway. I need my food with a certain level of moisture. And I was craving for that salty watery soy sauce.


They also sell salted vege, the spicy sour type for RM3 if I've not mistaken. The boss is very generous with his servings because I think that small bowl of vege contains so much vege that it would make kids cry LOL

Across the street you will see a truck selling drinks (i.e. coconut water/ sugarcane juice). Please buy! Its relatively cheaper than what you find in Pasar Malam! One bottle sold at RM2.50 from the truck compared to RM3 sold at Pasar Malam

No comments:

Post a Comment