Friday 5 September 2014

Sindang Reret, Bandung

A quick post for this week since I've missed my blogging session last week. Finally, its Friday! The asses are now on the way up as I'm typing away. 

I've been blogging about my trip to Bandung, Indonesia chronologically but I skipped this post and blogged about The Harvest, Bandung because I misplaced Sindang Reret's restaurant's receipt. And no, I have not found the receipt so I'm assuming that it got lost:(

Anyway, this was day 3 in Bandung! I started my day early with a trip to Tangkuban Perahu & Strawberry Farm. I also made a trip to the Floating Market in Lembang but I'm still deciding whether to blog about it since the only food involved was the free hot chocolate (which was delicious!).

Sindang Reret
Jl Surapati, Bandung


Sindang Reret delivery truck

I forgot why I did not take a picture at the entrance of the restaurant. I usually would, but I guess I was just too hungry during that time. It's no surprise since I used a lot of energy doing touristy things in the morning.

Ironically, it's surprising though that I felt hungry because while I was in Bandung I was constantly trying out new food/ drinks/ snacks that there wasn't a chance for me to "feel hungry". 

Getting seated

The restaurant has modern seats where you get seated on chairs like all other restaurants but there is also a more traditional seating area where you will be seated on the floor (cushion provided).

Of course, Gaya wanted to infused me with the local culture so we headed to the traditional seating. If I've not mistaken this restaurant's specialty is Sundanese food. I'm still a bit confused with the type of food in Indonesia because I generally know Indonesian food as Indonesian food.

Menu

No time to make my face look skinnier. So as you can see the menu also has a traditional touch by having that piece of batik stick onto the cover of the menu. 

Oh ya, I forgot to mentioned that if you decide to sit at the traditional seating area there are NO FANS. No aircons also. Nevertheless, it was cooling! I didn't even sweat.

Lamp as table deco

Teh manis (I think) and my Alpukat (Avacado) jus!

I had avacado juice with chocolate that day. It wasn't on the menu, I mean they had avocado juice on the menu but without chocolate. But when Gaya requested to add chocolate, the waiter was more than happy to comply. Really nice people over there.

I think my avocado and chocolate juice was about RM7.

The following are pictures of my lunch. Sadly, without the recepit I'm not able to tell you specifically the name of the dish but I'd still be able to describe it to you:)

Lunch came in a set of steam rice, fried chicken, tahu tempeh and sambal.

Choose the set with soup

Gaya's fried rice, about RM7 also I think


I had a set meal that came complete with steam rice wrapped in banana leaf (very fragrant!), fried chicken, fried tahu and tempeh, kerepek, vegetables and the awesomesauce sambal! I opted for a set set meal which came with an additional soup!

The soup was very sweet!! See what I told you about Bandung people liking sweet food. I'm guessing that the corn and the tomato in the soup gave it this very sweet flavour. Not really a soup person nor a sweet tooth person but I manage to finish up the whole bowl of soup!

If I've not mistaken the price for my complete set (inclusive of soup) would be something around RM18.

Another picture of my beautiful lunch

I remember Gaya telling me that the chickens served here are very tiny because they are authentic natural chicken- chickens that runs around in the open field village ground without any antibiotic/ chemical substance to fluff them up.

Ended our meal with Es Campur! This is very much like our Cendol back in Malaysia but they have more ingredients in it such as my favouriteeeee avocado and jelly (not the green cendol, I'm referring to those pink jelly).

How can they be so generous with the expensive fruit? Ah, Bandung food *dreamy.

Es Campur, about RM5

Sindang Reret is definitely a food place to dine at! It was the fasting month when I was there so despite the lack of customer eating at the restaurant they did not lack in business! I saw the workers working very diligently packing lots and lots of take away food.

Those should be orders for breaking fast! Omg, those lucky people. Nothing beats yummy rice for breaking fast:D

Actually for my wedding (in the future) I'd be the happiest bride if I manage to find such delicious yet relatively cheap food for catering! Es campur with avocados as Michelle's wedding dessert~ swoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment