Friday 22 August 2014

The Harvest, Bandung

This is the post that I've been waiting for!! Been wanting to write this post first but decided to go by chronology (Well, I skipped lunch place because I'm still looking for the lost receipt).

Bandung is a place that amaze me even till now when I'm writing about it. Thanks to Gaya, she brought me to one of the prettiest looking bakery I've ever seen! Really classy looking, rather big and it had a variety of desserts!

If there is a pastry shop like this here in Malaysia I would expect a donut to cost at least RM5. But, Bandung can really shock you- in a good way I mean.

The Harvest Patissier & Chocolatier 
Jl. Ir. H. Juanda, Dago, Bandung

Initially I wasn't expecting much of the shops (i.e. restaurants/ cafe/ bakery) because there were lots of less fortunate people there so I was very, very surprise when I arrived at Harvest. The entrance looks like an entrance to a 5- star hotel maybe!

Gaya was very excited to bring me to Harvest, I couldn't really understand why till I arrived LOL They had stairs leading up to the main store! It's no wonder that she was excited, I was at awe. And mind you, this was merely at the entrance.

Harvest entrance

Have a look at their interior, very pretty place! This place is awesome for tai tai (rich, usually older women) to hang out with her rich buddies lolol But of course, it works well for us (students/ tourist) too! 

View from my seat

Interior deco

Serviette

I probably need not say much about the variety of pasties and chocolates they offer. I'm letting the pictures speak for themselves:

A variety of cakes (whole and slice)

More cakes, cupcakes, mini cake slice and 3D cakes at the bottom right

Chocolates (small ones that goes by weight and larger ones like the heart shaped ones) and macaroons 

Closer shot of macaroons

More chocolates- truffles and what not

Chocolate bar

Ice- cream

Hampers

Pastries and take- away gifts/ souvenirs

More souvenirs like cookies in cans etc. Rather pricey though, about RM90 and above.

How?
Crazy right! I think I was gawking at the choice that I had there!

If I had the tummy space and more sweet tooth I would have bought one of everything that is displayed because their price is still considered reasonable. Their cakes (slice) were around the price range of Secret Recipe here in Malaysia (i.e. RM7- 10).

Despite that, we had lunch before coming to Harvest, so the food wasn't fully settled yet and I only had limited tummy space. Throughout my trip, my lovely host Gaya ensured that I actually maximised my time and tummy for as much food as possible. 

So even when I said I was still full, we headed to Harvest anyway HAHA. My initial plan was for us to share a slice of cake but when I reached the shop and had this explosive view of crazy lots of desserts I just HAD to order two cakes and a drink!

Strawberry Curd IDR 25,455 (apprx. RM7.70)

When Gaya asked me to pick my cake I immediately knew that this one of my MUST HAVE! 

Reasons?
  1. Strawberry curd sounds like nothing too sweet, good deal.
  2. Had too much sweet food in Bandung, more than my usual preference
  3. It's strawberry! A safe choice I would say
  4. It's the new product! I love trying out new stuffs!!
  5. It has nuts as toppings too! I'm fan of nuts:D

Oh I love, love, love the strawberry cake!! Nothing too sweet that I can't handle! Very fresh strawberry flavour, nothing like some other artificial flavouring cake.

Then, we also had the red velvet cake. I can't remember if this was strongly recommended by Gaya or was it a best seller? I think either one. Or was it me who was strongly enthusiastic about getting it? LOL

Red velvet, IDR 30,000 (apprx. RM9)

The red velvet cake is a denser cake compared to my favourite light and fluffy Strawberry Curd cake. It was real rich, they didn't scrooge in the cream cheese either. 

But I'm still in favour of Secret Recipe's red velvet mostly because I love how the appricot spread goes so well with the cake!

So, usually when having desserts in Malaysia (or any meal in fact) I'd order just plain water because I've already spent on food. Desserts especially, because desserts aren't 'real' food. I consider them as luxurious add ons. To decrease the damage to my very tight monthly expenditure budget, plain water is my way to counter that off. Well, at least the guilt.

But!

This time, I had two cakes and a non plain water drink!!!!

Cranberry Breeze, IDR 16,364 (apprx. RM4.90)

This beverage is new and if I've not mistaken it wasn't on the menu yet. However, the waiter recommended this drink and I agreed! 

I didn't even get the ingredients that he was muttering about, I was just very excited about the fact that I'm probably one of the few that got to drink something that is 'not on the menu yet'. Made me feel special, like a VVVIP, teehee.

Oh, I like the drink a lot because it's sour, HAHA! Yes, you read right it's a sour drink that goes really well with all the sweets on your plate. Balance things out much- especially if you don't really have a sweet tooth.

So if you're in Bandung, make sure you head over to Harvest! It's definitely a worthy pit shop especially after you've been shopping like mad at factory outlets. 

Take a picture, it last longer (than the cake, lol)

My noms guide!

I'm ending this post with a picture that Gaya took. She said that it might come in handy if I want to use the quote in my blog post, haha. It basically tells you why Harvest's products are high in quality and most importantly affordable!

p.s. Tax is 15%

Quote on wall

Btw, I noticed that Indonesians allow you to take as much picture as you want. No problem! But some shops in Malaysia are just too wary of cameras

No comments:

Post a Comment