Tuesday 9 December 2014

Myeong Dong Topokki, Sunway Pyramid

It's Christmas real soon and I'm super duper excited!!! Been missing Christmas for two consecutive years but this year I'll be home for Christmas! Talking about Christmas, I have this urge to see snow like real cold snow. Not sure if I can manage the cold but if I had a Christmas wish, I'm hopping for snow:D

So I was thinking where is the closest country which is can go to which snows? Then I thought of Korea! Well, it's not thaaaat close but it's close enough! Plus, Korea is in my to-go list! Only if I'm not saving up for US:(

Anyway, when Reb was up in KL the other day we brought her to this new Korean food store to have her favourite Topokki!

Myeong Dong Topokki
Asian Avenue, Sunway Pyramid

Myeong Dong Topokki store

This korean shop has a subway theme! So it's like you're rushing to catch the next train but you're hungry so you drop by this small stalls at the subway to grab a snack! I'd love to go to Korea and then grab a real Korean snack from those small authentic stalls.

Value Set meals

Menu

They have not too much of variety on the menu but I think it's sufficient because it's supposed to be a gra and go snack shop anyway. They offer value set meals if you want something heavier. We just had lunch the other day so Reb ordered their signature dish Topokki to snack on as post- lunch.

See those bubble talk boards stuck on the glass window?

They are detachable for to take selfie! How do I know? That's because I saw the row of poloroid pictures hung there, people were posing with those bubble talk. Okayyy, so I assumed that we could pull it off for a picture. So what? LOL

Pull that off for Reb, but I stuck it back of course HAHA

I think this is some sort of fermented rice drink. Reb loves it like mad! I think about RM3

This Paldo drink taste very much like our barley drink so I'm okay with it. But I've tried real homemade authentic fermented rice drink and OMG it gave my brain a shock! I couldn't process what I was drinking because it tasted so foreign on my Malaysian tongue, lol.

Topokki, original RM4.50

Reb chose the original Topokki instead of the super spicy one and thank God she did! The original version already tasted SPICYYYY. Tongue was on fire when I had a few bites. Topokki isn't my favourite snack because to me the rice taste so uncooked and too chewy.

I love the fishcakes that they serve together with the topokki though! If one day I go to Korea, I'll eat up all the fishcakes from stalls by the side of the road! LOL Also, I love the fact that they have us half an egg! Never knew egg was included in this dish.

Spicy rice cakes!

Actually to think of it, it taste very much like the one that Reb cooked before. So I suppose it's good because if it taste similar to homecooked food then it's healthy? :P

Yes, I pulled out one more bubble talk. So? LOLOL

No comments:

Post a Comment