Wednesday 31 December 2014

Batu Berendam Coconut Shake, Melaka

It's the last day of year 2014!!! Tomorrow marks a new year and I thought that I should blog about something nice instead of an angry post about yucky food that I'm suppose to write about LOL So the other day when we drove back to JB for Christmas, we stopped by Malacca for a pit stop.

Since mum wasn't with us, we could go wherever we wanted whenever we wanted HAHA Decided to try out the Coconut Shake Batu Berendam that is apparently better than the Original Klebang Coconut Shake

I've tried the Klebang shake and I thought that it was very good and cheap! So naturally my expectations for Batu Berendam's shake was high too. I'm not too sure about the location exactly because we used Waze GPS so I googled for address.

Batu Berendam Coconut Shake
Jalan Batu Berendam

The coconut shake stalls can be seen easily from the main road, if you miss it just keep right and make a U-turn.

It was about 12pm when we arrived and it was drizzling so I stayed in the car and let my sisters jump down to pack us some coconut shake. She told me that you would need to place your order in the shop opposite the tent. 

I read somewhere that Batu Berendam Coconut Shake opens daily from noon onward (except Sundays).

This is the shop that you place your order for coconut shake

I found that a little weird because in other blogs, I saw pictures of the coconut shake being blended at the tent area. I was (and am still) suspicious about if I got the right Batu Berendam coconut shake:S This is the only coconut shake in Batu Berendam right, Malacca people? 

Anyway, we all got the Coconut Shake Special, RM2.80 if I've not mistaken. Special means coconut shake topped with addition vanilla ice- cream on top.

Batu Berendam Coconut Shake, RM2.80

Coconut shake, topped with vanilla ice- cream and chocolate spinkles

Batu Berendam Coconut Shake tasted quite yummy too but I'm still in favour of the Original Klebang Shake. Somehow personally, this shake tasted a little too sweet, as if their proportion of ice- cream to coconut juice was larger. The sprinkles weren't necessary for me too, maybe because I'm not too fancy of sweet stuff.

All in all, it's still a good coconut shake with good differences if compared to Klebang's. It's like comparing KFC to Popeyes, both is equally good in their own ways. That being said, I think I'll go back to Klebang if I'm craving for coconut shake.

"Why so Ugly?" #insidejoke

Cheers! Happy New Year

Oh, I might as well write about a very yummy, comparable Coconut Shake that I discovered in JB!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, yes you go to correct Batu Berendam Coconut Shake. By the way after you finish coconut shake, they have free coconut water for you to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, yes you go to correct Batu Berendam Coconut Shake. By the way after you finish coconut shake, they have free coconut water for you to drink.

    ReplyDelete