Thursday 19 March 2015

Al- Baik Fried Chicken @ Kota Damansara

Being fat sucks and I'd never get used to it. Ever since I was young I was a chubby baby and I never did lose the fats so I have never knew what a flat tummy looks like. So don't blame me if I caress your flat tummy because I jakun hahahha 

The lightest I've ever been was between 62- 63kg. That was when I was swimming and eating 2 spoonful of rice per day with vege till I had fainting spells, FML. Thought that the suffering was not worth it so now I'm back to 66kg with normal eating. I could probably lose it if I was exercising enough but... hehehehe.

To make things worst, I love fried chicken so since I can't be skinny, come be fat with me! JOKING!

Al- Baik Fried Chicken
Jalan PJU 5/12, Kota Damansara

This is how their shop looks like in Kota Damansara (Picture from their Facebook page)

They have been around Malaysia for quite some time already. I have a friend who is their number one fan and mentioned that Al- Baik fried chicken beats KFC/ Texas Chicken hands down! Apparently it is very famous in Arab so due to all the rave I decided to give it a shot for lunch that weekend since they newly opened a new branch closer to me. The Bukit Bintang branch is problematic when it comes to parking.

Interior of restaurant

Interior 2

The place looks very simple and... cheap LOL I mean I was expecting more because they are a franchise like KFC, McD etc so their simplicity took me by surprise. 

My friend told me that the older Bukit Bintang branch wasn't as nice as this (Gasp! Double shocked, so I don't know what to expect of the old place) but had more comfy couch. Oh ya, but they renovated the Bukit Bintang branch anyway so I assume that it's good as this one now.

Like any other fried chicken restaurants, you would need to go over to the counter and place your order; self service system. Well, half self service because the chicken will be sent to you later.

For the entire month of March 2015, they are having a 15% discount for the Kota Damansara branch!!

The price of the chicken here is slightly more expensive than KFC or Texas Chicken and I was told that I needed to order 3 pieces of chicken to be full. And so I did. You can refer the picture above for the price of my 3- pieces of chicken set meal. 

Unlike KFC or Texas Chicken, please be warned that this is NOT a fast food restaurant solely because the food ain't fast. I waited for at least 30 minutes for my food to arrive, about the same time needed to cook beef steak LOL

Set meal comes with chicken, huge bun, fries and a drink.

Don't expect your food to come organised like other fast food restaurants, I was culturally food shocked HAHAHHA Everything was just chucked into one paper on a platter. 

Something that other chicken shops don't have: Garlic sauce and Cocktail sauce.

Now I'll tell you why these were my life saver...

You see, Al- Baik fried chicken is not your typical fried chicken. Despite KFC claiming that they use 10 over spices, you wouldn't actually taste the heat from the spices. KFC's spices are mild and are there just to add flavour to the chicken.

Al- Baik chicken is fiery!! I bought the spicy version instead of the original because apparently the original wouldn't taste as flavourful as the spicy. My gosh, one bite of the chicken and my mouth was heating up! You could taste and feel the spices come to life! After finishing my first piece of chicken, my stomach was on fire LOL

And this is why you would need their garlic sauce to tone down the heatiness coming from the chicken. The garlic sauce was served cold so it was so soothing to have with the hot chicken. The only downside was that my brain couldn't brain what was going on because it tasted like kebab if you have it with garlic sauce.

"Brain thinks, this is kebab. Eyes confirm, no no this is fried chicken. Brain can't brain it."

See the spice, probably curry powder that seeped right through the bone of the chicken!! That is one skillful marinade!

Overall, it was a good but different fried chicken experience. If you like fried chicken like I do, and if you are adventurous enough you should give it a shot! 

Oh yes, and three chicken was just nice to make me full. I love it that my chicken arrived really hot and crispy (duh, I waited 30 minutes for them to fry it) and that there weren't icky fats below the skin. So when I finished my meal I was full but not that kinda oily throat wanna vomit kinda full. Surprisingly, it lasted me the whole day! Didn't feel hungry even at night, what Arabian sorcery is this?!

Happy chickening!

4 comments: