Monday 17 August 2015

Roti Canai Transfer Road, Penang

I just checked my draft while feeling rather contented that I've cleared off my log but guess what? I found a few Penang food post from last year hanging around in my draft! OMG!!! Oh yes, I remember why I haven't been motivated to finish writing about this. It's because the roti canai isn't as good as it was told.

But it's also important to document yucky good on my blog so that I remember to not go there again. Also, it's good for new people patronising the shop just because they heard that its good and famous. Doubt that they will head my advice but don't say I didn't warn ya!

Talking about yucky food, I think this food blog of mine is a bit useless because people don't seem tp heed my advice one? LOL I blogged about this cafe not too long ago because I felt like it's just not worth it to go there la. Gotta wait so long for a simple breakfast meal, price of the food and drinks there not cheap but taste below average actually. But people who read my blog still very enthusiastic to go! Err.. okay.

I usually read blogs before heading over to a new cafe because my money is limited thus very precious. I don't want to be spending RM30 on teatime which sucks la because RM30 is actually way more than my weekly groceries budget!! So when I'm actually ready to spend RM30 on a meal it better be good. Hence, the blog reading.

When blogs that I read gives out negative comments, I'll be watchful already and will be hessitant to go. That's how useful food review can be for me. Of couse, I weigh the pros and cons of the place la. Sometimes what they find not good in the cafe/ restaurant isn't the most important criteria for me when I'm dining so that's okay. But if the service is bad, the food is expensive and not tasty then why the heck would I go somemore right?

But no. My food blog doesn't seem to have that kind of resonance to my readers leh. Why aa? 

Roti Canai Transfer Road
Penang

So the last trip to Penang, it was a food trip as usual. I asked for some recommendation of good food and was recommneded this roti canai at Transfer Road. Transfer Road is tucked at the end of Penang Road, behind it. It's easily accessible for me because I always stay on Chulia Street!

There are not shophouses so you gotta look for this stall!

Curry truck

Canai prep area

Roti canai with egg on top!

The roti canai was okay, tasted like average roti canai that you can find elsewhere. So I'm not surprise to see many people there for breakfast la since roti canai is a popular Malaysian breakfast. I wouldn't mind having it again, just the roti canai, for a budget breakfast but what disapoint me that much was that chicken curry at the back there.

I wanted to order only the roti canai because I don't usually order side orders with my roti. For example, I only eat naan by its own. Of course with some dips la but I don't go adding on side dishes like chicken tikka etc. I always thought that if the roti is really good then there is no need for side dishes! It's the main star of breakfast anyway!

So back to the story, the waiter asked me if I wanted chicken curry or mutton curry. I said chicken and lo and behold came one big piece of chicken drumstick with my curry. I was expecting only the kuah la because as I've said, I don't order side dishes one.

Decided to stick with the mistake because I heard their curry is a must try also! That means the chicken must be goooood right? Wrong. The curry wasn't even that tasty. Pelita has better chicken curry in my honest opinion. The thing that pisses me off is that the chicken tasted like it was just boiled and thrown into the curry before being served to me.

Tasteless chicken! It wasn't salted well, no taste of herbs and curry spices also? GRR. Nih yang orang nak marah nihh.

So yeah, if you are around the vicinity and want quick cheap breakfast then by all means order the roti canai because it was okay. Just don't order the chicken la, damn wasting! Hmm, not that you will heed my advice anyway right? Lolol

Btw, I was told that I should get the mutton instead but the chicken already tasted like that I'm not sure if I want to give it the benefit of the doubt?

Next to the roti canai stall is this roti bakar stall

Read that it's pretty good! They have half boiled eggs as well to go with the toast but I didn't manage to try because... I spent my breakfast budget on the yucky chicken:S Maybe next time.

1 comment: