Monday 17 August 2015

Putu Bambu Durian @ Putu Bambu Mek, Melaka

So I noticed that Blogger has an app! This makes blogging much easier for me because Im very swamped these days and the only time that I have would be spent on bed. So this helps, I can blog from my phone when I'm resting in bed hahaha

The only problem is that I cant seem to find the words alignment option. Hold on gimme a moment to get use to this.

Nope, the app cant do. They still got a lot of fixing to do before I can properly blog there. Anyway, Im still blogging with my mobile but Im using the website view instead so thats okay.

Wanted to introduce to you this new putu bambu stall in Melaka but this was in my draft months ago so... its not so new now LOL 

But if you are a durian fan and you cant get enough of all things durian then this post is for you! You know, the durian season is coming to an end after all.

Putu Bambu Mek
Right next to Klebang Coconut Shake!

I'm back typing using my laptop because mobile blogging just can't do for me especially since I'm rather particular with spacing and font size etc. Okay, a little story about how I found this. It was that evenful day that we were in Melaka as a detour before we head back to JB. Obviously, Klebang coconut shake has become a ritual whenever we step foot in Melaka but unfortunately it was close that day! Dang.

But at least the trip to Klebang wasn't wasted because I noticed a new stall right next to it! It's right at the main road so it's easily spotted. What caught my attention was the word "Durian" LOL

This! Very catchy from the main road so you won't miss it

Prepping my orders

Despite the stall being quite clean, I dont know why were they so many flies around. Ya, I know like I'm contradicting myself but I know a clean stall when I see one. Can see that they took the effort to maintain hygiene but the flies... oh gosh, might make some think twice.

I didn't care much though because I saw my putu coming out pipping hot from the steamer and roller over clean shredded coconut so I just closed one eye about the flies buzzing around the ordering corner.

I chose a mix of durian putu (in yellow) and normal putu (in green)

Generally its easy to look for good putu in Melaka because they are, afterall, famous for their gula melaka which is an essential for this snack. The durian putu however was not up to my expectation because it smelt better than it tasted la. So basically you smell this really thick durian aroma in the air but once you put it into your mouth, you barely taste any durian.

I was actually hoping to taste little chucks of the fruit which sounds rather impractical but yeah, they could do better. Prices at RM4 if I've not recalled wrongly, it still makes a pleasant snack to have by the beach. Yes, the beach is just behind you as you place your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment