Friday 15 May 2015

Cempedak Cake @ Swich Cafe, Uptown Damansara

Hello!

Just noticed that I have not blogged for about a month. Initially it was because I was busy then my Samsung Note 4 got stolen so I was demotivated to take pictures with my Redmi 2 which has good enough camera but obviously that can't beat my Note:(

A kiamsiap (miser) IMU prof pisses me off :

Anyway, I'm selling my Redmi 2 now for RM445 because after all it's only my temporary phone till I had time to decide on which phone I really want to use for longer period of time. I think RM445 is fair considering I bought it lesser than 3 weeks ago so its pretty much new. It comes with a phone casing which I bought for like RM25 and free gifts too!

Now the story that made me damn geram. Yesterday, this buyer, a prof from IMU called me asking if I could sell my Redmi 2 for RM360. I was reluctant because price offered was a rip off! But later agreed thinking that I bought my phone for RM460 (I miscalculated, forgot the GST). 

When I came home, he text me asking for the original receipt and a phone casing as well. That's when I realised my mistake. So I replied informing him about the miscalculation and made a new offer RM400 for phone, phone casing, free gifts AND Poslaju. He said NO.

So okay la, I find other buyer no problem because my phone is considered new and looking at all the free gifts and postage I'm throwing in this is a steal deal! 

See see earlier this morning he text me telling me that I'm unethical because an agreement was reached and if I agreed to RM360 he would proceed with the payment. Woke up to a busy day and first thing I saw was someone calling me unethical really pisses me off. So I'm here ranting!

Prof, number 1. There are 4 elements to a contract (If I have not forgotten from my law major). My Mudah ad was an invitation to treat. You offered RM360, I verbally accepted but there was no consideration involved i.e. you did not pay me any deposit etc. Then I raised a counter offer. A counter offer means no deal is done yet till you agree. Since you decline my offer, no agreement is reached since I don't have the intention of selling it to you. So how is this unethical?

Number 2. Being unethical would be me taking agreeing to your RM360 and then telling you that I want RM40 more when you have transferred the money to me. I have experienced this when I was purchasing a blanket from UK.

Number 3. My ad says Whatsapp or SMS only. Considering you're a prof, I assumed you understand terms and condition stated but you called anyway. But the thing that pisses me off is that someone who is earning big bucks is being so kiamsiap ( he wanted free postage too! wtf) and when refuse to buy from me, can call me unethical somemore?!!!

Okay, end of juicy gossip. Now check out my cakes I had for my birthday! 

Swich
SS21/ 58, Uptown Damansara

Swich Cafe located opossite the new Texas Chicken at Uptown Damansara

So Nit and I went there for our birthday cakes. I wanted to buy a birthday cake from here for my sis's birthday but I was in a hurry and it was just scorching hot that day so I just got her a cake from the mall that we were going to.

Back in March when we had our cakes at Swich, it was still a newly opened cake shop! If I've not mistaken the set up of this shop was pretty quick. The owner got it all ready to rambo within a week I think! So I was very excited to try it out. Here are some pictures of how Swich looks like on the inside:
It's half a shop so the shop is quite narrow but we easily found a seat

Menu of the day at the ordering counter

Not sure if it's a self service shop or not because I dont see them coming to customers to take orders. I had to go over to the counter to tell them which cake I want. Get seated and wait for the cake. I didn't know whether I should pay for my cakes before or after having them but I did it later. Didn't get scolded so okay la I was right. HAHA.

Check out their cakes:

You have the ones refrigerated 

And the ones outside at room temperature

Cempedak cake with toasted coconut, RM12.00

I chose their famous cempedak cake with toasted coconut! Been wanting to try this ever since I knew this shop existed!! While the cempedak cream is really good, the cake was too dry. Anyway, they are really generous with the cempedak fruit so the cream was really lovely!! Strong cempedak flavour is yums!

Toasted coconut tasted a bit burnt. Not sure if its suppose to be that way or what? I really love the cempedak cream but I don't think I'll return for this cake because it's just too dry for my liking. With cream also can taste the dryness:S

Belgian chocolate cempedak cream cake, RM12.90

Nit ordered this chocolate cempedak cake and her cake was more moist! But the sad thing was that the chocolate was just too overpowering so I was tasting more chocolate than cempedak. Compared to my cake where the cempedak cream really stood out!

Okay last picture taken by my Samsung Note that got stolen :|

The end. 
I'll be back for more updates since I bought a new phone with better camera HAHA


No comments:

Post a Comment