Friday 29 May 2015

Selfie Coffee @ Sutera Utama, JB

Hello from Johor Bahru!

Today is a very productive day because I managed to conduct two interviews and try out the new Selfie Coffee!!! It has been here for quite a while already I think, maybe a month or two but I haven't got the chance to try it til today. Thanks to Simren who suggested a quick coffee date before I zoom off for another interview.

I was looking forward to this coffee but I wasn't like crazy excited la. From the pictures that people posted, I wasn't sure if the your selfie picture will be printed on the coffee foam or just a normal plastic. I was thinking if it's just printed on plastic cover then for what go right? So prolly that's why I wan't that excited till I actually step foot there.

Selfie Coffee
Jalan Tanjung 8/2, Taman Sutera Utama

I usually don't post pictures of myself on my blog because I don't think I look appetizing LOL But this is after all a Selfie cafe and since I have an awesome selfie phone so have to!


The cafe's entrance

Interior of cafe

They have this fake grass area for you outside also. I think people who puff would appreciate this setting.

Outside itself they have instructions on how your coffee will be made! 

I'll show you how mine is being made below! But before that, have a look at my cake! I seriously didn't thought of trying out their cake because I was all hyped up for my selfie coffee!!! I told you that I was didn't feel the hype earlier right? But when I arrived and found out that they will actually print your face on FOAM I was ecstatic! Simren and Reb might have to tie me down if I didn't control myself hahaha

Their cakes are reasonably priced and they look alright too except for the rainbow cake that looks like a sad rainbow LOL Anyway, we chose Green Tea Mascarpone!

Green Tea Mascarpone RM9.90

The cake was alright. Not the best green tea cake la but for the price I think it's acceptable. You can't really taste the macha taste but it was creamy, mascarpone duh. Initially I thought mascarpone is some sort of cream but Simren told me that it is cheese! 

But if it's really cheese than this cake is quite a failure because the green tea doesn't taste much like green tea and the cheese doesn't really taste like cheese.

Most importantly! The chocolate drizzle for the writings is just for nice and not meant for consumption because it tasted like super cheap chocolate:S

Photo booth

Okay, now this is how you order your selfie drink!

#1 Place your order and pay at the counter. They have ice- blended drinks and normal iced drinks if you want to have your selfie printed on top of your drink. They currently don't do it for hot drinks.

#2 Be seated with the number given to you and wait for your turn to be called into the photo booth.

#3 Take your selfie in the photo booth! You can take a selfie or a wefie! I took a wefie with my sister and simren so my face appeared twice on the drinks! HEHE

#4 Your selfie printed drinks will be served to you!!!

Now, I'm going to spam this blog post with all our selfie with our selfie drink! Selfie-ception!!!

Caramel Frappe, RM13.90

The caramel frappe was super sweet!!! I'm usually have low tolerance to sweet stuffs but I was too high and excited about this selfie printing thing that I actually finish the drink! It's just like how you con kids to drink water by giving them a new and exciting bottle.

Cold Butterscotch Coffee, RM13

This one tasted like latte without the butterscotch but Simren found out that the butterscotch was actually trapped at the top layer! Of course she found out when she was finishing her drink la because we were all very careful not to distort our faces HAHAHA







I poke through the printed layer gently and slowly. A bit scared because I didn't know what to expect! But the straw sinks in the layer very softly, like sinking in quick sand!

See it's real foam! It's a very thick consistency foam. It actually tasted very buttery like some buttercream. I'm not surprised if it's really some sort of buttercream 

Simren's face starting to get distorted already as she sips up!

Finished! Now we look like some horror movie :S

Oh yes! You can also borrow their marker pens and scribble stuff on the table. We realised it only when we finished drinking our coffee so I just simply scribble nonsense just for the sake of it.

It says "The end. But, hello wrinkly face!"

I was referring to the state of our face when we finish our drinks LOLOL

If you haven't try, go try! It's so fun!! I feel like doing it all over again!!!!

I think it would be more fun if you to come with your besties or like your partner!!! It's like a very good momento! Naomi should probably do it with Char, Tim and Tom before they leave Malaysia! I think they have an outlet in Sunway too :D

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh so nice!! I also wanna try lah hahaha ok I go google for their Sunway outlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete