Monday 25 May 2015

RM6.99 Fish & Chips @ Manhattan Fish Market

I was suppose to be writing about this last week but it was a busy week conducting interviews so I totally forgot about it! I'm a big fan of Manhattan Fish Market when they have their cheap fish promo!! Fish and Chips starts from RM6.99!!!! If you are reading this and you didn't know about this ongoing promo the last day for this promo is TOMORROW (26 May 2015!) so hurry!! Still sempat!

I usually jumped at this opportunity because on normal days fish is too expensive to consume:X

Manhattan Fish Market

If you check out their menu, Dory would be the cheapest fish for fish and chips that would cost you RM6.99 (excluding GST). They have better fishes like Salmon serving at RM11.99 I think? I tried their Cherry Red Snapper the other time they had the same promo and it was terrible- fried fish was so damn soggy inside!

So this time I decided that Dory is a sure thing but I really wanted to try Salmon too. In the end, I had both Dory and Salmon and I realised that whenever MFM is having this promo, I should just stick to Dory. My Dory came pretty happy with a good portion of fries and salad:

Dory Fish & Chips, RM6.99 ONLY!!

Add on were going for RM3.99! They offer you 3 starters going for cheap which are the chowder of the day, fried tortilla with cheese and squid fries. I tried the Squid Fries and it was definately a good choice for an add on!

LOVEEEE the honey mustard sauce that came with the squid fries. Despite receiving a rather small portion of squid fries, probably 7- 8 strands of squid, I'd order it again just because it really tasted good with the dips! So easy kena con LOL

Squid Fries, RM3.99

Squid Fries + Fish & Chips

You can choose to grill your Dory as well but it wouldn't come looking as happy as the fried one.

Grilled Salmon with mash potato and steamed vege, RM11.99++

My salmon was sad. I was served such a thin cut of salmon and it was way over cooked! So the Salmon tasted so dry and sad. Even the sauce on top couldn't conceal its dryness from overcooking:S 

On the other hand, the vegetables were under cooked. Of course they just blanched the vegetables to give it a crunch but this was like almost eating raw broccoli and carrot. Something that turn me off so bad that I couldn't down another piece:(

I thought the mash potato was okay, just that they put too much garlic in it so it tasted like mashed garlic potato. I think it tasted better when they were using beef gravy, if I've not mistaken. My eating companion wasn't please at all at the mashed potato though, thought that it horrible. Yikes!

So conclusion, go only for the RM6.99 fried Dory Fish and Chips! Cheap and Good!! Everybody happy, easy peasy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment