Monday 20 October 2014

Boat Noodle, Jaya One PJ

I was putting my groceries to their respective place and was folding my plastic bags (I usually fold them into a triangle for easy storage). Then I thought of what my sister told me the other day about me being rather brilliant to come up with such DIY ideas.

Well, actually I have to thank my Girl's Guide teacher for that initially flag folding technique. Yeah, the one that hated me to her guts since I refused to attend one camping back in form 3. 

The funny thing about learning though is that even if I was probably an ungrateful- lost- cause- rubbish in her eyes (since she had other 'better' candidates who has more potential being Queen's Guide or whatever they call it), I still applied her Girl's Guide teaching till today.

So I thought this was an important lesson of life, particularly for teachers. Just because you have a student who "doesn't seem to have the potential", that does not mean that they are not learning. In fact, they might be learning and applying it more than you think!

And that is why whenever I see "goner" students in my class, I would quickly brush that horrible thought off and tell myself that they are equally good, in different manners that is.

Now, what made me rant so much about learning? That's because I'm blogging about Boat Noodle at The School LOL


Boat Noodle
The School, Jaya One

Boat at the entrance of Boat Noodle

Street signboard looking deco

I think the address is really real because after all it originated from Thailand right? So that must be their original shop address. Probably at the floating market because it's call boat noodles, so I'm assuming that they sell noodles on the boat at the floating market.

Talking about Thailand, I've been very interested lately to fulfill my dream to visit Bangkok. Been reading lots of blogs about people's shopping haul to torture myself more LOL Okay la, not torture but to motivate myself more. 

But then I noticed that most clothes there should be free size and their free size look like something that I cannot fit into :X But I still want to go! *stubborn

A shot from the outside

Interior

Counter

Menu

Wooden table

I love the idea of having things how they originally are, so in this instance they are trying to recreate the down to earth kinda of dining atmosphere. This reminded me very much of Warung Telaga in Bandung.  

Additional sauces

No idea what sauce is this because there were only Thai language

I thought that it was a fantastic idea to use all sauces exactly like the ones used in Thailand! And because of this effort of theirs, their noodles really tastes very authentic Thai. Not that I've been to the real Boat Noodle shop in Thailand, but it just speaks authentic Thai when you slurp down those noodles.

Drink of the day- Longan RM3.90

For drinks, because we were scrooging (as usual), we decided to share a drink. On the menu, they have the drink of the day. No where did it mention what so I asked the waiter and he told me it was Longan drink that day. Both of us agreed giving it a shot.

It tasted not too bad, like slightly diluted longan drink LOL They could do better though or the price charged. Btw, all drinks are ranged around RM4 unless you get their mineral water for RM2+ I think.

Ordering sheet

The process of ordering is:
     #1 Look at menu- Menu is an old white sheet of paper stained with other people's noodle gravy LOL
     #2 Write down the food/ drink code into your order sheet
     #3 Wait for your meal to arrive
     #4 Pay at the counter

Beef Rice Noodles RM1.90 each

Chicken Rice Noodles RM1.90 each

Our Orders

What each of us had was: 
  • Pathumthani Beef Thai Rice Noodles
  • Pathumthani Chicken Thai Rice Noodles
  • Ayutthaya Beef Thai Rice Noodles
  • Ayutthaya Chicken Thai Rice Noodles
If you're wondering what is the difference between Pathumthani and Ayutthaya:
  • Pathumthani : Clear soup broth,sourish spicy
  • Ayutthaya: Creamy spicy broth

Almost finishing my share of noodles

In my opinion, the beef and the chicken noodles are of no difference. The only thing that is different is the meat slices that comes with the noodles. Since they (meat and noodles) are cooked separately, the beef/ chicken taste does isn't recognizable in the noodle's broth.

I preferred the Pathumthani because it tasted acceptable. My acceptable means, my taste bad could condone the foreign taste. Actually the Pathumthani tasted rather similar to our Kuey Chap, just that it has heavier spices. Authentically Thai taste.

The Ayatthaya was... smelly. I mean to me it was smelly la. It had this very strong coconut oil smell that I really couldn't take. I made me feel like I was slurping down someone's hair that was marinated with coconut oil as their hair mask:S

Struggling to finish the Ayatthaya

She had a different expression before I whip out my camera! She as frowning and cringing all at the same time, so funny to see her forcing herself on the Ayattaya but when I took her picture she laughed instead =.=

Bill

Our Boss is always Stingy!!! 

I thought it was rather witty to ask for tips that way

Must have picture when eating Boat Noodle

To stack the bowls is what people come here to do, I think. The noodles wasn't that fantastic so I thought that the hoo- haa of this place was overrated. When I wanted to try this noodles at Damansara (their first outlet), the place was packed to the brim! Had to wait for more than 1 hour for seating.

Now that I've been to their second outlet and tasted their noodles, well I think people just wanna come and stack (cheap) bowls and then instagram them :S 


So I also did the same, order noodles- stack bowls- Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. makan finish, stack bowl and instagram it! hahahahah....

    ReplyDelete
  2. it smelled like armpit and/or Indian hair lah!

    ReplyDelete