Saturday 11 October 2014

Pak Chi Met, Bandung

It's Saturday! Weekends are the best because I get to stay at home, sleep in, go online, feel tired then sleep in again. And so the chances of anyone annoying me is lesser. Unless of course, I get bad news by email or stuff.

Puzzling enough, there wasn't a need to revised my PhD proposal. I thought someone did told me to revise it regardless of me not knowing why. Oh well, that's done so the additional readings I did is after all a good thing so I'm not complaining:)

Flashback to Bandung trip a few months ago, I'm only left with these few post then I'm done with all the yummy places that I visited in Bandung!

Pak Chi Met
Jl. Pasir Kiliki, Bandung
(Can't find website)

Entrance of Pak Chi Met

Interior

Whenever Gaya says "Pak Chi Met", I always hear "Pak Cik Met" as in Met, the uncle LOL. 

Anyway, this was the day when I hired a Pak Supir for 12 hours to bring us around. Eh no, I think this was the day that I went to Pasar Baru! As I've mentioned in many of my previous post on the food in Bandung, they are ALL AWESOME! Except maybe this one which was mediocre.

But when I tried the food here, Oh My Gosh... it totally raised the bar! This is one of the places that tops my Bandung makan- makan shops!

Menu

Menu 2- Here you will get to see some choices offered. I'm so hungry writing about this!

Paket Ulam Ikan Bawal IDR90,000 (10% discount)

This was my choice of lunch: Paket Ulam Ikan Bawal. It was about RM27 but it comes with a 10% discount I dont know why, but people give discount take la! LOL

It's probably the most expensive meal that I had in Bandung because on average even my super luxurious meal (with drinks and dessert) will cost no more than RM20.

But please. It's the most worth it RM27 I've spent on food!!!! It simply delectable despite the dish looking very simple.

Three types of chili condiments

I love the chili condiments like mad because it adds on the umph! to the already very delicious food! I add on so much of chili that the very next day, I had tummy ache in the morning and had fiery loose stool LMAO But then again, it was worth every single bit!

Me and my expensive food :P

Portrait shot

It's probably self explanatory but I'll say it anyway. For that set meal you will have steam rice wrapped in banana leaf, ulam which is raw vegetables like the cucumber, tomatoes etc, grilled fish- I chose Bawal which was probably the most expensive fish on the menu LOLOL and Grilled squid.

Noticed I spelled Grilled squid with a capital letter. Why? Because it had a very pleasant surprise!

Initially I thought that it was just grilled squid on a stick till I actually bite on it. Then I realised that it was no ordinary squid, it was sotong sumbat!!!!! Holy Moly!

The fillings was very nicely marinated chicken, the chicken was so sweet! As in fresh chicken sweet not added sugar sweet. It was stuffed so neatly inside that you would never anticipated the chicken in the squid by just having a glance at it.

The squid on the outside alone was enough to blow your mind because they grilled it with some sweet sauce so it tasted ah-mazing! 

Grilled prawns and squid

Now that I'm looking at the squid picture I noticed that it's very plump. Can't believe I thought it was just a healthy fat squid, silly me LOL. 

The sillier thing is that since I was surprised by the squid, I thought they stuffed the prawn as well of which they obviously did not. Why would I think that they stuffed the prawns? rofl

Btw, Suba my new friend (Gaya's housemate) told me that last time when they just came to Indonesia, about several years back, Pak Chi Met used to give 3 sticks of each prawn and squid for the exact same price!!! But now it has been cut down to stick each:(

Teh Botol

This came in the set so it was free! Weirdly enough this was the first time I got to try Teh Botol, the very famous Teh Botol. I mean I have been trying all kinds of snacks and beverages since Day 1 in Bandung but my encounter with the Teh Botol was only on the 4th day.

I rank it my #1 tea in Bandung! Then comes Teh Kotak and very lastly Teh Gelas (which tasted diabetes-ly sweet and smelt funny). 

Oh, I also thought that the Teh Botol tasted better when it's in a bottle. I bought back to Malaysia half a dozen of Teh Botol in boxes form and it tasted slightly different.

One more shot of my favourite condiments

On the side note, Gaya ordered Paket Ulam Ikan Gurame IDR83,000 (10% off) but I just can't find a picture of her meal. I clearly remembered taking a picture of her meal though. Or did I?

A must visit (again) when I'm back in Bandung! Thank you Gaya!! I'm forever grateful for the food recommendations you gave throughout my stay there:')

No comments:

Post a Comment