Friday 31 October 2014

Yu Char Kuey @ SS2 Morning Market

Finally it's 31 October! Been waiting for this month to pass since it first started :S October hasn't been very kind to me. My favourite ah kong (grandpa) passed away last week so yeah, that wraps up my October. 

I'm hoping that November would be kinder to me! Also good news is that I've finally received my August and September salary. Of course, half of that goes to my rent and monthly expenses so I'm left with half just enough to buy the iPhone 6 Plus (need parents to top up some I think) LOL

Also, good news is that I've fulfilled my Yu Char Kuey cravings!! I've posted on FB asking people where can I find yummy Yu Char Kuey and all I gotten in response was "likes", no suggestions whatsoever. 

But! I've found my not too bad, actually quite decent Yu Char Kuey at SS2 pasar pagi!

Yu Char Kuey @ SS2 Morning Market
SS2/60 (Next to food court)

Yu Char Kuey Stall

The Yu Char Kuey Stall is right at the entrance of the morning market so you wouldn't miss it! There are two stalls selling Yu Char Kuey here but I've always opted for this lady's one because everyone buys it from her. The other stall looks like they lack in customer, so their yu char kuey usually sits idle on the rack looking sad. 

Aunty frying dough

Their Yu Char Kuey runs out very fast and the aunty will consistently fry out new batches so you would usually get hot hot Yu Char Kuey!

My mum always complains that their Yu Char Kuey looks dark though as in slightly burned but then I don't find them charred also? Take a look at the pictures below, where got dark? LOL 

Or maybe I was too excited looking at them that I selectively was blinded to the flaws of my cravings :P

Many types of Yu Char Kueh for sale. All hot hot one!

RM0.80 each piece for ANY type!

This was taken after 5 minutes, fresh new yu char kuey!!! Love that they keep replenishing their stock!

My favourite is the one with sesame! Second favourite is the Yu Tiao (The long ones stuck together). I love the salty Ham Jin Peng (round ones), she mentioned that it was Cinnamon, yums! I haven't tried the sweet Ham Jin Peng because I always get the salty ones.

See the ones with pulut in the centre of the dough? Holy cow, that's super delicious as well!! Best is to eat these Yu Char Kuey when they are pipping hot and crispy. When they cool down, the crispiness will be lost:( But still yummy la!

Good customer service

See this aunty 'kiap-ing' my Yu Char Kuey? I like her very much because she speaks English to me, lolol. Most of the other sellers would insist in speaking Cantonese only. I'm handicapped in Mandarin, what more Cantonese, so when the aunty realised that she quickly switched language to accommodate her customer! 

Hot and Crispy 

Soy bean next stall

Right next to this Yu Char Kuey stall is a Soybean stall! His soybean is very fresh and cheap so I like it a lot! It isn't too sweet as well so I don't feel that guilty in addition to eating deep fried stuff for breakfast LOL

He sells, hot/ cold soybean drink and Tau Huay (People here call it Taufufa) in both white syrup and brown syrup.

The only downfall is that his service is so slowwwww. He talks a lot of crap that his customers in line always ignores his crap while waiting for their orders. Not that I understand his crap anyway, since he was mumbling off in Cantonese.

My buy: Sesame Yu Char Kuey, Yu Tiao, Salty Ham Jin Peng

Hot Soybean RM1.20 (small)

Life's a breeze, when cravings are satisfied:)

No comments:

Post a Comment