Sunday 3 August 2014

SS2 Pisang Goreng

I'm a big fan of pisang goreng (banana fritters) so whenever I google for famous pisang goreng, one of the pisang goreng stall that comes up is Pisang Goreng SS2.

Pisang Goreng SS2
Jalan SS2/64

This stall, more like truck, is situated right in front of Pelita Nasi Kandar shop. So the other day when I was packing Nasi Kandar for dinner, I managed to buy some pisang goreng from this stall. Been wanting to try it out but since it's a Chinese seller, I assumed that their batter wouldn't be as nice as the Malay sellers, so I procrastinated till that day.

SS2 Pisang Goreng Truck

Variety of fried food such as banana, yam, carrot cake etc

Pisang Goreng, 1 for RM1

So I bought two pieces of pisang goreng just in case it doesn't taste as good. As you can see in the picture above, they dipped one whole banana in batter and deep fry them. Unlike the ones that we usually eat which has been halved. 

I myself prefer the banana to be halved before being dipped into batter and then fried because I'll get a crunchier unit of banana.

SS2 banana is kinda huge though, it's no wonder they charge you one for RM1. Usually at pisang goreng stalls, you can get about 3- 4 pieces of bananas for RM1 (but of course they halved the bananas)

One big banana, the with is about three times my finger 

SS2 Pisang Goreng was okay. It has a flakier batter texture on the outside. The banana itself was really sweet unlike some other stalls who sells tasteless bananas. Soft and sweet inside, rather nice but I still prefer those Malay aunties pisang goreng lol

Flaky batter on the outside

Soft and sweet banana on the inside

It ain't too bad. Could be my fix if I was desperate for pisang goreng. They have an outlet at One Utama too- LG at the Food Street area.

p.s. I noticed a new truck next to this SS2 Pisang Goreng truck that sells desserts, as in dessert soups such as red bean soup, green bean soup and my favourite bubur pulut hitam etc. The truck looks very clean and new. One bowl cost about RM2.50. Might have a try the next time I see it.

Picture of Bubur pulut hitam from Google.

1 comment:

  1. Do u know where this auntie is now? If u do pls let me know as im craving for their kuih bakul

    ReplyDelete