Friday 7 November 2014

Sushi Flash SS2

Looks like after a lousy October, November seems to be treating me real nice! I settle lots of paperworks today at uni to ensure smooth enrollment! All is going good.

Also, I paid my own amenities fee! RM200 may not be a lot for other people but somehow when I came out with that RM200, I felt the pride because I'm all grown up and at last I don't have to burden my parents anymore:D Thank God!

Anyway, even with the scholarship I would have to save up because I'm still not sure what I'll need for my PhD. If I get the government grant then that's a plus point but if I don't that's still fine. So back to the topic, if you are scrooging like me but craving for sushi then you can try this place out!

Sushi Flash
64 Jalan SS2/67

Sushi Flash SS2 taken from Google

This is a rather new store in SS2 I think it sprouted somewhere last month or 2 months back. I read that they already have an earlier established outlet in SS15- same row as McD it seems. 

Sushi on rotating belt

I like the fact that they have a variety of sushi on the rotating belt unlike some Sushi King outlets that has the sameeeee thing rotating. There is a menu there on your table so you can also order for other food if you don't feel lie having sushi.

Side Order

There are rice bowls (Donburi) available too! I think I saw udon but there isn't ramen on the menu. 

Cups, chopsticks, Soysauce, Tissue, Menu all ready at your seat

The cups are already there for you so it's very much of self service if you want green tea. Green tea is charged at RM2 (refillable). Theres both hot and cold green tea rotating on the belt so you can just grab it, fill up and the place them back on the rotating belt.

See the green tea rotating?

This is a budget sushi store so sushi on the Beige plate cost RM2 and the ones on the Red or Black plates cost RM3. The quality of the sushi is better than the ones you find in Aeon Supermarkets but less tasty then the ones in Sushi King. 

BUT! When we are talking about variety of sushi and ingredients used vs price, Sushi Flash wins both Aeon and Sushi King hands down!

Here are some pictures of sushi that we had:

Not too sure what this is, RM3

So we started off with this unknown sushi LOL My sister picked this plate because she said it looks nice grilled. It isn't grilled per say. They just use those kitchen torch (The ones the used in Manhattan Fish Market) to flame up the fish a little. I think the fish is salmon.

Lobster Salad Gunkan (I think), RM3

Ebi Fried Maki (I think), RM3

I thought this maki was a little pricey since they only gave me two sad pieces. On the online menu I think I saw three, but it taste okay. Just that they gave a lot of rice if compared to the proportion of fillings/ toppings. 

Kani Kama Mayo Gunkan, RM2

Chuka Lidako (Baby Octopus) Gunkan, RM2

Baby Octopus Gunkan didn't taste similar to the ones I usually have at Sushi King. This is less chewy and more mushy, I've no idea why.

Aburi Salmon Mentaiko Nigiri, RM3

The best sushi I had that night has got to be the Salmon Mentaiko sushi!!!! Finally, a sushi that has the right proportion of rice to toppings. The fish soft and nice, the mentaiko was sufficient too! No doubt I won't complain if they were to slap on more mentaiko:P

Chuka Kurage (Jellyfish) Gunkan, RM2

Golden Egg, RM3

They have a copycat of Sushi King's Golden Ball and they call it Golden Egg, LOL. This taste very much like the ones at Sushi King but the egg that they use is different. 

At Sushi Flash, the egg is smaller and it has less texture than then ones at Sushi King. Good alternative, but I'd still opt for the original Golden Ball at Sushi King. I don't mind paying RM1 extra for a better egg.

Sweet Sauce

I usually would have to have Nitsume sauce when I'm having my sushi but not all sushi stores have them e.g. Sakae Sushi doesn't have them so I'd never return LOL Considering that Sushi Flash is a budget sushi joint, I assumed that they won't have it either. 

Only after finishing all our sushi my sister realised that they have Nitsume sauce that we wanted! I had to try it so I purposely took another plate of sushi just to dunk it in my holy grail sauce. To my dismay it was soooooooo sweet! 

Mad sweet! As in not seafood sweet but sugar sweet:(

But all in all, this place would still do if you're on a budget and you crave sushi (till your hands shiver, that kind).

No comments:

Post a Comment