Tuesday 8 July 2014

Conmen Taxi Driver KLIA2

This is meant to be a food blog but I just can't stand the horrible people in Malaysia that I just have to rant here. I just came back from Bandung, Indonesia. I landed about 2 hours ago and I just have to churn out this post.

But first, take a look at this:

IDR2,000

Ladies and gentleman,
What you see there is a crumpled piece of IDR 2,000. It's approximately RM0.60, appromixately USD 0.20. It would be insignificant for most of us and that is why I just stuff it inconsiderately into my pocket.

But in Bandung, people are so grateful for that IDR2,000 because with that piece of soggy note they are able to hop on an Angkut (Cheap taxi- like transport, similar to Thailand's Tuk Tuk) to get to wherever they want to go. 

Bandung people is probable the nicest people I have ever met and their actions and behaviour humbled me. Despite not having much, they are so ever thoughtful and kind. 

Taxi drivers (that I have encountered) in Bandung for my entire 6 days were HONEST! The 'worst' would be ones that don't talk much but that wouldn't be a problem because they ARE paid to just drive you safely around and charge you accordingly not to humour you.

I was riding this taxi to the airport and it cost me IDR40,000 + IDR3,000 for parking. I gave him IDR45,000 because I didn't had small change. Then I got down to my lugagge wanting to get those heavy ass luggage checked in. So I forgot to take get my change of IDR2,000.

Guess what? The taxi driver actually came to me (who was already walking in) and hand me the change of IDR2,000!

If he was dishonest, he could just kept it and I would be okay because its just RM0.60. BUT no! He returned it to me when I was already walking away! See the genuine heart and honesty!

Fast forward, 3 hours later when I landed back in my home country Malaysia, still feeling over the moon because my perception of people has entirely changed since Bandung trip. I needed a taxi to my place which would normally cost max RM90.

He freaking charged me RM120 when he drop me off at my house! 

I was SO SO MAD. Reason?

1. He is an illegal KLIA2 taxi driver. 
2. He wanted me con me of extra RM30.

If you are thinking what's the point ranting here instead of complaining to the rightful authority? Well, yes I did! I lodge a complain to SPAD and KLIA2. 

But I'm still very angry with the horrible Malaysian taxi driver. Probably, I am very disappointed in Malaysians because I just came from a place where people are so kind despite their poverty.

Witnessing their kindness breaks your heart. So every time I see a poor man/woman/child on the street  in Bandung I'd always say to God: God, even if you don't bless them financially, please keep them safe and healthy.

Regardless, Caveat emptor

It is partially my fault because I didn't ride on a metered taxi (This conmen taxi covered up his meter) from KLIA2. But I was in a very tired state and I had to haul my 24kg luggage + 5kg hand luggage + cam around my neck + sling bag. So when I saw him next to the taxi sign on level 2 @ KLIA, I just agreed to board his taxi when he asked if I needed a ride.

Okay, I'm done ranting. Food post up soon! Stay tune:)

p.s. Horrible conman Malaysian taxi driver: Chinese Male, 40s, thin, stood at taxi sign on level 2 @ KLIA2, HBA 9403

p.p.s Honest taxi Indonesian taxi driver: His name is Dadang, Blue Bird taxi company, Bandung.

No comments:

Post a Comment