Tuesday 29 July 2014

Wafflemeister, KLCC

Its been a long time since I went to KLCC for shopping. Actually I've never shopped at KLCC, lol. The parking is rather expensive (if compared to One Utama/ Sunway Pyramid) and there are more of my kinds shops elsewhere so I've never bothered to travel to KLCC even if for window shopping.

Anyway, the other day since Naomi had to redeem some stuff there at KLCC and I wanted to check out some stuff we decided to drop by KLCC. 

Took the opportunity to try out the rather new (opened September 2013, if not mistaken) Belgium waffles!

Wafflemeister, KLCC
Level 3

Wafflemeister

I think there are only a handful of outlets around the world so it's great that we actually have an outlet here in Malaysia. Wafflemesister sells waffles (obviously), gelato, coffee and milkshake.

They have this super beautiful display of waffles at the counter. Not sure if they are real or fake because they really did look so real! 

They look too good to be eaten, so I just gawked at them for a long while while the cashier was awaiting my order and had this urge to order many types of waffles, milkshake and gelato all in one sitting! Luckily, my craziness was halted by Naomi LOL

A variety of Belgium waffle

So in the end, we had Go Bananas waffles + Hazelnut seasonal ice- cream and a strawberry milkshake. Total was RM40.

Go Bananas- Waffles, bananas, whip cream and nuts

Waffles alone was sooooo good!! Probably the best waffle I've had before! Slight crisp on the outside, sweet and fluffy too! Having the waffles alone would cost you about RM7. It's really worth the RM7 for their Belgium waffle with a drizzle of chocolate of your choice (dark, milk or white chocolate).

The whipcream on the waffles wasn't very good. I thought Starbucks has better whipcream. Whipcream on my waffle was good to see but not good to eat. So it's better if you just forget the whipcream next time ordering. 

I added on ice- cream on my waffle because the cashier recommended it. I think a scoop of ice- cream cost about RM7 too. For me, there was nothing to shout about so it was a let down as well:( Not to say it has horrible, but it was only mediocre. 

So moral of the story: JUST GET THE WAFFLES BY ITS OWN!

Strawberry milkshake, RM16

I paid RM16 for milkshake. It was okaaaay but with the price I was paying, I was expecting the milkshake to taste close to the ones served at Johnny Rockets. Probably next time when I have milkshake cravings, I'll just head over to Johnny Rockets- their milkshake are bang for buck!

Oh, Wafflemeister has a fancier range of milkshake for RM20 but I doubt I'll ever buy them- too expensive.

Side counter- get your own straws/ sugar/ stirrer etc

Serviette & pretty high quality disposable cutleries 

Conclusion! Go get their waffles because it is really good! A bit pricey but really really worth every cent! Just get the normal ones with chocolate drizzle. It's heavenly enough! You can also pack them home like this;

Take home Wafflemeister (photo from Facebook)

p.s. What we had at Wafflemeister was enough for lunch for both of us

No comments:

Post a Comment