Monday 14 July 2014

Bandung Day 2: Anata Salon

I figured that I should quickly finish up my Bandung trip post before I get too lazy to complete it or if my PhD application gets a bit crazy. So this is my day 2 post in Bandung. My day 2 started only at about 3pm because it was a Friday and Gaya had an exam so I enjoyed the morning in bed watching Master Chef Canada/ Korea/ Australia and Cupcake Wars! 

It felt really good chilling in bed with my comforter, in a nice cool aircon weather minus the dryness of AC, watching really interesting TV series that I don't get to watch back here on TV. I loved Cupcake Wars so I think I'm going to watch the whole series online :D

Day 2 lunch was also free. I know, I was very much of a free loader till the 3rd day or so LOL Thanks to ibu, Gaya's maid I just had to walk lazily out to the hall and eat home cooked Indonesian cuisine:)

Day 2 home cooked lunch- FREE!

Clockwise: Tahu kicap (Soysauce tofu), Tempeh sambal (Spicy fermented soybean), Tauge goreng (Stir fry bean sprout), some kind of bony fish cooked in asam pedas style.

My favourite was the Tahu kicap followed by the Tempeh Sambal! Love the tofu there in Indonesia, it just taste really fresh and preservative free! Gaya said they can't afford to put in chemicals to extend shelf life but hey! That's even better! Fresh soy products *thumbs up!

Gaya came home earlier then expected and she took me for a ride to Anata Saloon! We rode an Angkut (cheap taxi- like transport) for RM0.50. Reached Anata Saloon about 5 minutes later.

Gaya and I in the Angkut

Enjoying the ride!

I really liked the experience of riding angkut because its so cheap and its so much fun! It wouldn't take long for you to spot an angkut so it's very convinient. Just flag the angkut like how you would flag a taxi. Then then angkut will stop and you hop on the angkut. By hop, I really mean hop because there's no doors to the vehicle you just hop in!

A picture of angkut from Google

Once we reached Anata Saloon, Gaya told the person in charge what service we wanted and was brought to a room specially for creambath hair treatment!! The entrance area was packed with people cutting, washing and blowing their hair.

It would probably be a good idea to make an appointment first before coming. Anyway, I was lucky enough to get a slot without an appointment on a Friday evening.

There are a few Anata outlets, but the one closest to me was the Sukajadi one.

Anata Saloon
Jl. Sukajadi, Bandung

Anata Saloon

Anata Saloon is situated on the top floor (level 2). You will have to walk pass their Anata bakery in front and then walk up a flight of stairs to the saloon. According to Gaya, the pastries at the bakery ain't yummy so I skipped sampling them.

First off, change into this tube kinda attire. This is because creambath hair treatment isn't just a creambath hair treatment. You will get back/ hand massage and back/ hand scrub too!! Indonesians are really generous I feel. In Malaysia, if you pay for hair treatment the most they will give you is an extra 10 sec scalp massage, that's it!

Changed into rob

After you have changed into that tube attire, they will start off with washing your hair. Once it's nice and clean, they will wrapped your hair like the picture below and get you seated in front of a mirror to begin applying the creambath hair treatment.

After washing hair, getting ready for hair treatment

Then they will apply this thick cream onto your hair and massage it in. I don't know if they then used ice cubes/ ice balls but it felt so cool and nice like some ice balls' rolling over my scalp! 

It smelt really really good while she was working her magic fingers on my head. Gaya helped me to choose apple creambath which is good for oily scalp and dandruff. I've been having this oily scalp problem since I was writing my thesis. I suspected the stress screwed with my hormones or something and my scalp went bonkers:(

I had to wash my hair every single day or else it will get all oily and itchy and my precious hair will fall. The only problem is that when I wash my hair daily, my hair gets too dry. Argh, the trade off.

So I was really hoping that this creambath would help.

Creambath hair treatment time

Then after applying the cream, massaging etc they will wrap your hair up and let it soak! This is when they will move you to another section for half body massage. I couldn't take my camera along before I wanted to enjoy the rub, haha. 

My hair all nicely wrapped, time for scrub and massage

I forgot if they used oil to massage? I was more focus on the tickle-ness of the massage instead so I didn't really notice what she used on my back, lolol. I'm a person who LOVES foot massage. I could have a 3 hour foot massage- massage my feet till I sleep please! But when it comes to body, uh oh!

It tickles really bad when people rubs/ press anywhere higher than my knees. And the lady was massaging my back, I was squirming around HAHAHHA. She asked if it hurts? I told her no, it just tickles. They would also use this machine thingy to massage your back, so for those with crocodile skin- who needs more than bare hands to do the job be rest assured you will get bang for buck too!

My favourite part, I mean second favourite, since the first favourite is the creambath treatment on my head, is the body scrub! They would nicely scrub your back and your arms till all the daki (dirt) comes rolling off onto the ground!

Sounds gross I know, looks gross too but your body will be so damn soft like baby's skin! I should have taken a picture of the body dirt on the ground, lol! Gaya has this lulur (scrub) in her bathroom too and she asked me to try it out. I did try but probably I wasn't patient enough to rub it as good as the ones they do for you at Anata.

After the massage and scrub, they will then wash your hair clean! Then you have the option to let it air dry or you could opt for them to blow it for you. Additional blowing cost extra RM3 so obviously I agreed! My hair needs to be blown, wouldn't want to risk my fresh scalp:)

After second hair wash

The blowing takes place at the entrance area so you will have to exit the creambath hair area. 

Blowing hair

And... finish! Wala! Extremely pretty soft hair. Scalp was very clean as well because she gave it a good scrub! I wanted to go back for another hair treatment before I came back to Malaysia but I decided that I should try foot massage instead since I only had so much time.

After creambath hair treatment & blown hair

One more shot with fringe nicely clipped up

Then I waited for Gaya to finish blowing dry her hair. Her hair is much thicker and curlier than mine so it took the guy a while to finish her look.

Done!

There are many types of creambath that you could choose from. There is a folder menu which has all the offered service, description of services and price. Almost all of the services there are really affordable! They have mani/pedi service as well. I think it cost about RM30 but I'm not too sure of what nail polish that they would use.

My apple creambath treatment + blowing cost IDR95,000 (apprx RM28) so it was a steal!!! Hair treatments here in Malaysia would cost RM100+ so I really should have did one more hair treatment before coming back:(

They have this new hair spa creambath treatment which is slightly more expensive. I think it would cost around RM50 in total but still really cheap!

Probably would head over to Bandung once more with my mum and just enjoy cheap luxuries. I'm leaving you with a picture of the types of creambath that they offer just so you don't get blur like me. I just told the lady, apply whatever type I don't mind. Good thing Gaya was there to help me select. I didn't get to view the menu beforehand you see?

You're welcome.

Types of creambath treatment

p.s. I didn't had to wash my hair for the next TWO days and my scalp wasn't itchy or oily! So happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment