Wednesday 9 July 2014

Ficelle Boulangerie & Patisserie, KLIA2 + Airport Tips

Just a quick post on my pre- Bandung trip. In case you weren't aware (but I doubt it) we have a new airport in Kuala Lumpur! It's the KLIA2 of which replaced the LCCT. So if you are flying Air Asia, you would definitely be flying from KLIA2!

So my flight was at 3.20pm. I reached really early at 11am. I intended to take a taxi to KL Sentral then take the SkyBus from KL Sentral to KLIA2 but because my lugagge (which was almost empty) already weigh10kg, I decided to just take the taxi directly to KLIA2. 

I used the EasyTaxi app to hail a taxi because I bought an online voucher from Groupon. So the ride cost me only RM50 + RM8 voucher.

This is where you look for your flight and see if you can check- in. I could only check- in my luggage 3 hours prior my flight so I had to waste about an hour waiting.

Check- in baggage area

Since I haven't had breakfast and wanted to try Ficelle boulangerie & patisserie, I headed to that bakery/ cafe situated on Level 3 right before the check- in lugagge area.

I realised that the buns and pastries there look almost similar to Levain's! Probably from the same supplier? They also serve proper food like pasta which is priced from RM15. They have coffee/ teas priced from RM8.

Ficelle's counter

I didn't take  pictures of the buns or the macaroons or the cakes because they look dead sad. Both  DEAD and SAD. A bit disappointed but can't expect much from airport food can we? Maybe their proper shop outlet at Taman Danau Desa, KL would serve better food. I read reviews about that place and it seems that it's rather good. But judging fromthe outlet in KLIA2, gah!

Most of the buns' price starts from RM4.50 so I decided to have a slice of Hawaiian pizza because I loved the pizza at Levain. Well, it was cold. The crust was rock hard so I noms till the crust and left it. But the pizza toppings tasted acceptable despite it being cold.

A slice of pizza, RM6.80 before tax

There is another pastry store called Butter Olive Wholesome Pastry House also on Level 2 which I wanted to try but after wasting my money in Ficelle's I decided not to. However, Butter Olive's buns looked more alive and nicely packed in plastic wrapper.

So as I was strolling through KLIA2, I found very pretty cafes on Level 2! I'm rather skeptical of their food quality though because I'm thinking that the food will be as as sad and cold as the ones at Ficelle. Regardless, they do have really cool deco! Check it out!

Escalator down to Level 2 @ KLIA2

One of the cool cafe there was Nanny's Pavillion! I read reviews that the food there was just so- so. But you can always try, just take it as you are paying for the deco to camwhore. It would be like paying to dine at Hello Kitty's cafe- food sucks so bad but eating environment so cute!

Nanny's Pavillion

 Suit cases as seats

All in all, I think if you want to have a decent meal in the airport then you might as well go for fast food like McD, KFC, Texas Chicken, Chatime, Starbucks. I think the standard of these foods will be relatively the same as the normal outlets. And its cheaper than those nonsense cafe. 

FYI, do check in your baggage and immediately proceed to the immigration because the walking distance from the immigration counter to your departure gate is REALLY FAR!

It took me about 10- 15 minutes to walk and I was freaking out because I didn't expect the distance to be thatttt far. When people talk about how big KLIA2 is, I thought they were referring to the area where you check in your luggage@Level 3 and the food area@Level 2.

But NO! Once you pass the immigration, you will have to walk average 10 minutes, cross the tower, into a duty free shopping area. From this shopping area, you will have to take a 2- 5 minutes walk to an inspection area where they would scan your hand carry luggage again and touch your body:S

From that check- point you it will take you another 2- 5 minutes to walk to your respective departure gate. I was lucky that Gate 4 was the closest to the checkpoint area.

So, lesson of the day. Check in your luggage- Clear immigration- Chill only when you reach the duty free shopping area/ departure gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment