Monday 12 January 2015

Souka Bake Shop @ TTDI

Back for some updates on my foodies during the weekend! I'm always looking forward to the weekends because those two days are the days where I just eat and chill without feeling guilty of my pocket or about not doing any work. So last weekend was a pretty good one! We had lunch at one of my long lost place (will blog about that soon) and then we had cake!

PMS can really drive a girl's appetite crazy! Most of the times I crave meat, like red meat, like BEEF! I crave real meaty beef as in steak and not those mince beef or burger Ramly beef. On other days I crave something sweet, like pastries, like cakes. So cake was what I had!

Souka Bake Shop
15 Lorong Rahim Kajai 13, Taman Tun Dr Ismail

(Closed on Mondays)

Souka in Mukha

Souka is a shop within a shop called Mukha. Mukha is a cafe, immediate left at entrance you will see Souka. I think it's possible to order the cakes and dine in at Mukha- they are after all one. 

Outside sitting area.

 See Souka circle 'signboard' on the top of that entrance?

Since it was about to rain and I just wanted to go home and watch my TV series, I did a take- away. So I just walked into Souka, chose my cakes and left. However, it's a pretty place to chill with friends because this cafe is rather quiet situated in a very cooling area with cosy interior.

Somehow overcrowded eateries irritates me much because there's just too many people, lots of them are inconsiderate and very much of an attention seeker so they tend to be loud. Also, in a crowded cafe somehow I don't get to relax even if I did get a table. It's like with everyone there, I tend to rush and not enjoy my food. This happens everytime I'm at Levain- no thanks to taitai who stands right next to you waiting for your seats:S

This is Mukha cafe

Thought that you would like to have a look at Souka's nook. And by nook, it's really a small corner of the shop but that's all I need if the cakes are good!

Souka's deco

More deco on the same wall as the picture above

Menu

I googled the menu on the way there and I was thinking to have Carrot Walnut cake but since I was sharing my cake, I was thoughful enough to choose something that both of us would fancy. The second cake that I wanted to get was the Mars Cheesecake!! Or the Nutella Cheese! But they didn't have those that day:(

These were all they had

Oh and these too

Rather limited choice of cakes. I wanted to have cake cake as in cake consistency and not pies or cupcakes so I was left with about 2- 3 choices. Made a hard choice and chose Red Velvet and Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate cake because the limited choices of cake wasn't really what I had in mind. 

I didn't wanted Red Velvet initially because I had my fair share of Red Velvet back in JB already but since it's Souka's signature cake I decided to give it a chance. I chose the Peanut Butter cake because the cake looks new as if they just brought it out for display LOL

Take- away bag

Red Velvet RM10

People were raving about their moist red velvet cake and true enough it did not disappoint! It was moist enough yet not too dense of a cake! The cream cheese frosting was pretty good as well! It's prolly as good as the ones that my sis makes back at home. So this cake is a thumbs up!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Cake RM12

This chocolate cake was a little dry though but they had very good peanut butter icing! This cake was a little too much for me and my ulcer on my tongue made it worse (imagine peanut butter and dry cake on my sore tongue, yikes!). It's slightly more expensive than the Red Velvet but if you're a peanut butter fan I think you wouldn't mind the RM2 difference. 

I like the place and the customer service quite a bit so I'll probably go back for some other cakes next time! 

Actually, I googled and found this place so that I could buy some cakes for a special occasion soon but since we tried it already, I'll have to google again for other yummy cake shops! LOL But the good news is that I'll get to blog about more new places so stay tuned! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment