Thursday 15 January 2015

SS Spicy Food @ Jalan Belfield, Kampung Attap KL

Last Sunday, I suggested for us to have lunch at Kg. Attap but to our dismay the stall was closed so we ended up eating at Pavillion's foodcourt. Don't ask, long story LOL Anyway, I was introduced to Kg. Attap by my bestie, Nit several years back and it is my favourite place to have mix rice because I love their deep fried cauliflower!!

Their deep fried cauliflower is da bomb! Every time when they lift it up from the wok and into the tray, the cauliflower will be snatched up by people so fast that you wouldn't be able to catch it despite being 3 people away :O

So you want their famous deep fried cauliflower? You gotta rush the Malaysian style HAHAHHA I'll show the the cauliflower later, I managed to whack half a plate of them!

SS Spicy Food
Jalan Belfield aka Kg. Attap

So apparently they do have a stall's name and it's called "SS Spicy Food". I still call it Kg. Attap stall though LOL I think I've ever read about their curry fish head but I've never tried because not a big fan of fish head.

Waze yourself to Jalan Belfield and you would see the stall (as shown in picture below). 

SS Spicy Food aka Kg. Attap

There's usually no problem finding a parking there because people would just simply by the side of the road and that's okay. The place is rather quiet so traffic isn't a problem too. 

Self service 

At SS Spicy Food aka Kg. Attap they cook the food there (See the man cooking behind?) and then turn around and place the freshly cooked food on the island table for you to pick and choose! So food there is usually hot from the kitchen!

You would need to queue to get your rice. The guy will ask you whether you want white rice or beryiani. Yes, they serve beryiani too but I've yet to try. Always go there, my goal is to whack all the fried cauliflower LOLOL. But I saw people eating beryiani and it looks quite yummy too! Wouldn't mind giving it a shot next time!

So once you have your rice, you move on to select your dishes. I like their curry lots so I'll usually mix several diferent curry gravy on my rice. Then I'll push through the line and quickly put as much fried cauliflower as I can on my plate without thinking of how much they would charge me later HAHA Then, I'll usually go for their... um, dry sambal chicken? Yums!

Lunch that day

So this was what we had for lunch that day: 
  • Rice, mix curry & HALF a plate of fried cauliflower RM5
  • Teh ais & Teh- O Ais RM3
  • Rice, mix curry, fried chicken, fried fish & egg RM12

Their pricing is very reasonable so if you're around that area, might wanna give it a shot! You MUST MUST MUST try their cauliflower. When it's served piping hot, I swear it doesn't taste like vege! More like some kinda of snack, I must say. *Mindblown

A few pictures of the seating area. Sometimes it's hard to find for a place to seat especially peak hours but the guys there are very kind so they will help you find seats. We had to share a table with this lady who was finishing her meal that day, good that she chao soon after LOL

Very cooling seating area

A view from my seat. Eat first, pay later.

No comments:

Post a Comment