Monday 19 January 2015

Chee Cheong Fun @ Seow Fong Lye, Macalister Lane

This is going to be a quick post before I go off for dinner. Dinner is chicken rice today!!! The only downside to it? I cooked too less chicken so each of us only has 3 pieces of tiny chicken so I fried 4 eggs to compensate:S Seems like buying one whole chicken isn't worth it after all because the chicken is so skinny. Next time I'm just gonna continue buying chicken parts. Hmph.

Taking us back to Penang! Yes, food post on Penang has not ended because we tried out so many food and I haven't been the most diligent lately in blogging LOL Maybe it's because my trip to Penang is just for relax and makan so food blogging is just a plus.

Chee Cheong Fun @ Seow Fong Lye
Macalister Lane

This is the Chee Cheong Fun push cart that you should be looking for

And this is the coffee shop that the push cart is at. 

Chee Cheong Fun is opened for breakfast as early as 8am if I've not mistaken and it goes on till about noon when she runs out of chee cheong fun to sell. So it would be great if you're able to drag yourself out of bed in the morning and head over for some yummy breakfast before it gets sold out!

I was craving for chee cheong fun even before my Penang trip so I googled for it in Penang since I was going there anyway. Just google "Penang Chee Cheong Fun" and lots of reviews pointed me to this particular one!

What's so special you ask?

THIS.
Very smooth and soft chee cheong fun topped with some sesame oil, sprinkled with sesame seeds and served with THICK prawn paste, sweet sauce and chili sauce!!!

My God! This is to die for! She was very generous with her prawn paste and the prawn paste was very very extremely thick and concentrated! No scrooge on prawn paste there! You should see her drizzle the thick sticky prawn paste on your plate, I bet your jaw will drop wide open!

It was just a very simple dish. No fancy fillings in the chee cheong fun like some shops offer (e.g. prawns) but culinary skills seriously lies in simplicity. 

Give it all a nice stir. Can smell the prawn paste smell, crazy good!!

Price?
  • 2 strips of chee cheong fun, RM2
  • 3 strips of chee cheong fun  RM3

I had the 2 strips at first and obviously it wasn't enough but we had to rush back for our bus to KL. So I packed 3 more strips back home!! The lady was very nice to separate the sauces for me. She somehow knew that I travelling back home LOL

I regretted only buying 3 strips back because it wasn't enough :(

Btw, I had the take- away chee cheong fun the next day and it was still very tasty and fresh. What sorcery is this? :O

Take- away Macalister Lane chee cheong fun

Breakfast with my sis who felt that 2 strips was enough for her because "noodles" fill her yummy up fast LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment