Thursday 1 January 2015

Maliia Bakery Penang Famous Roti Benggali, PJ

Happy New Year everyone!!!

It's 1 Jan 2015 already! Gotta get used to writing "2015" instead of "2014" on forms. This year, I'll be turning 25 and many of my friends are getting hitched so I guess it's time for me to let the wedding bells ring! LOL joking (Unless within this year I get a job, a car, my own place and a willing partner without me putting a gun to his temple, which still sound impossible so no bells afterall lolol).

I don't usually have a new year resolution because I don't believe in that crap. But if I were to have one, it would be to lose weight of which I'd never lose (I was born heavy boned and thick flesh!). So knowing that it would never work out, I have a more realistic resolution- To save more money for holidays!!

*Can't wait for 1 Jan 2016! TEEHEE

Talking about holidays, Penang is one of my all time favourite budget holiday destination because it's just 45 mins flight away and it homes the apple of my eyes! So much food that I'll be so happy munching non stop for breakfast, snacks, lunch, teatime, dinner, and supper. And occasionally wake up nap snacks.

Though budget, I'll have to spend about RM300 (all- in) when I'm there so I can't do it so often also la. But guess what? I found the famous bakery from Penang here in Petaling Jaya!!!

Maliia Bakery Penang Famous Roti Benggali
Section 14 PJ
(Right outside Jaya Shopping Centre)

The Breaman Truck!
Menu for you to have a look before deciding to pay them a visit

I haven't had this Benggali bread from this particular shop in Penang before but I've had tried other Benggali bread there so I kinda know what to expect. Apparently it's very famous in Penang according to my friend from there so I got so hyped up when I saw this food truck!

Roti Benggali Original with Butter and Kaya RM4.50 per set (I think)

There are a few breads for you to choose from. I got the original roti benggali but you can opt for wholemeal, charcoal, chocolate or those big buns type. There are also a variety of fillings (see menu picture above) but I stuck to the authentic kaya butter.

The amount of butter they slap on was decent though having more butter would be a bonus. It's nearly impossible to expect the same amount of butter like what you sandwich between your bread at home though, they would go on bankrupt if they did so LOL

But they are indeed very generous with the kaya! Kaya tasted very homemade though it is not as good as the ones that I had in Penang which has more lemak taste. Nevertheless, still quite good!

The oozing kaya

Oh, by the way you can choose to toast your bread for an additional surchare of RM0.50 (I think I saw this somewhere). I had my bread untoasted though. Love the fluff of the centre but I ditched the skin of the bread- Never been a fan LOL

Here's to your New Year treat all the way from Penang!

Read the bag and realised that they have a factory somewhere in USJ I think

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
May money keep rollin' rollin' rollin' in

1 comment: